Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Achievement Question, (Can I Have Achievements For X Amount of Buildings Owned? )

EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
edited October 27 in Developer's Lounge
I read the hand book, but can't figure it out and I keep trying to test out different ways I might be able to add this! In the hand book he gives example of clicks, but not about owning x amount of buildings

Edit: not liking the new update do to how complex putting this stuff in is; cant get anything to work!

https://pastebin.com/edit/4x63yhvU
Post edited by EricBolton1993 on
Tagged:

Comments

• DortenDorten Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    You can add "count" resource and grant it in "on earn" event in buildings template, then use it in an achievement req
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited October 27
    @Dorten thank you :)
    Edit: can you explain more?
    @Dorten how do you all know all this new coding stuff? is there any easer way to learn then to look at the handbook? its not helping
    I've read handbook ONCE.

Didn't even try to code anything yet (in the new version).

Everything else comes from thinking.
    @Dorten really? i made an upgrade, but it didnt work and still get errors with achievements; can you take a look at my coding and help?
    You know, when you try to run your game it says EXACTLY what's wrong with it in big red letters.
    @Dorten Yes I know then i spend 10 minutes trying to fix it, to find out nothing makes it work
    Even fixing the typos?
    @Dorten the only typos I see are the "no spaces" in between words
    edited October 27
    @Dorten why does Orteil have to make this new coding commands so confusing? couldn't he keep it like the old commands?

Edit: is there away to see the bunny clicker coding he made?

i dont even undetstand
  • Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited October 27
    Link to bunny clicker text file. I haven't tried coding anything yet but I do agree this is a bit more complicated than the version so many of us are used to.
    @Zammorak3285 i clicked and said, comment not found
    also, sorry for my complaining, just been a long week and wanted to vent
    I probably did the link thing wrong, I've been gone a very long time lol
    http://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/games/bunnyclicker.txt
    @Zammorak3285 thank you and do i need to code in the [1,0] icons for the upgrades?
    also, how would you make an achievement where you make x amount of a building?
    edited October 27
    The icon format like that is only if you're using a sprite sheet and define the grid size first.
    I think the most simple way for an achievement like that would just be:
    *achievement1 name:Yay desc:Have <b>1</b> buildingx. req:1 buildingx

You could get crazy with all the new things but it's not necessary in this situation.
    edited October 27
    @Zammorak3285 I'm just using 50x50 and it seams to work; Making Grandma Clicker Reborn, and thank you for all your help! I will try that and I cant wait for u to try it out! :D

Edit: If I have anymore questions, can i ask?

No problem! Looks like it's going to be pretty good, keep us posted on the development and don't hesitate if you have any more questions!

I really should start on a game myself, just need to figure out what it will be about and how crazy I want it to get lol. I don't like making your standard igm games if you haven't seen my old ones.
    @Zammorak3285 I will keep you all posted and with the help from all of you, its going to be an amazing game! You also get a 1% chance every click of getting a Golden Grandma which is a "special currency"! If I have any more questions, should I tag you here?

Also, I cant wait to see what you come up with too! :D

I will redraw the Golden Grandma and the Huge Grandma you click too before I release the 1st version! Like always, my drawling will be in MS Paint, but my drawling skills have gotten 1000x better sense Heart Clicker :)

Yeah for sure you can tag me in questions, I'm by no means an expert but I do my best to help!
    @Zammorak3285 thank you and ill tag u if i need help! Do you like the sneak peak pics?
    Also, i will get a little nap as i been up sense 3am and when I wake up, lots and lots more coding will be done on this game!! :D

If you think of a game to do too, make sure you show pics too and ill play yours when u get it finished!

Should i make a discord for my grandma game for ideas, grandma chats, and ect?
    Yeah, I'm liking the idea!
    I think I have a theme I want to work with, still figuring out where I want to go with it. I'm terrible with digital art so I'll probably just steal borrow images from somewhere or ask someone to make them.
    I think just a post in the games section would do well enough for ideas and stuff.
    @Zammorak3285 Am I doing this right?

*GoldenGrandmaClicks
    name:Golden Grandma Clicks
    desc:You found your first Golden Grandma! If you find enough of them, they will unlock special things over time!.<//>Effect:<.>90% chance of gaining a Golden Grandma per Grandma click
    cost:1 GoldenGrandma
    req:1 GoldenGrandma:earned
    passive:multiply frequency of GoldenGrandma by 90%
    Icon:https://s1.postimg.org/1hdaybkmnj/golden_grandma.png

I'm trying to make it so they appear more often per click!
    Also, u mean great idea for a Grandma Clicker Discord? Also, if you want, i can help you come up with the pics if you want :)
    edited October 28
    Didnt work
    So the multiply frequency is for shinies I think, you want multiply yield of GoldenGrandma by X

I'm still in just the idea stage so images are going to be a bit down the line but I appreciate the offer and will definitely let you know what I'm looking for when I figure it out lol
    @Zammorak3285 your welcome and thank you :) I found out how to make them appear when you click, but dont like that they have the same amount of clicks as regular clicks (9 clicks) so i made it into a building instead :)

Here is what i got done today :)

@Zammorak3285 how would one go about putting timed achievements in?
    Would be something like:
    *second|seconds text:You've played for [this] seconds show earned
    *timerbuilding start with:1 on tick:yield 1 second always hidden

The first being a resource and the second a building will create a counter of total time played. Then you just need to have the achievements req:x seconds
    @Zammorak3285 thank you and one more thing, what is a "thingkey:click"? I'm trying to have my shine show home many times you clicked it, could u help with that too?

Thank you with all your help too and I'm learning lots from you :)