Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Table Clicker [BETA 0.51] // on hiatus for a bit

Zelo101Zelo101 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited November 10 in Games
Game Link
This is a game about tables. (That's kinda it)
Features
  • 8 Resources ( 3 which are hard to find )
  • 6 Buildings
  • 11 Upgrades (3 which are hard to find aswell)
  • 12 Achievements (2 of which are rare)
  • A smooth experience... i hope
Some things i have to explain

I have used a modifed version of Orteil's bigBlue css for this game.
Warning: This game is in BETA and is kinda short (for now,
at least)
. I'll be updating you here everytime the game has been updated

Latest Version 0.51 - 29/10/17
  • Balancing
Next Version 0.52 or 0.6 - somewhere in 11/17

Please ask any suggestions & grammar errors in the thread.
Post edited by Zelo101 on
Tagged:

Comments

• thomadaneauthomadaneau Member Posts: 1
    I think it needs a way to autoclick the log faster. All I can see after 100 clicks is that I can make tables (which I have no use as of now).
  • Zelo101Zelo101 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited October 26

I think it needs a way to autoclick the log faster. All I can see after 100 clicks is that I can make tables (which I have no use as of now).

Ah, ok. I'll lower the clicking needed to start a building and i have updated the game so now most of the buildings & upgrades require tables. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Post edited by Zelo101 on
  • MyloMylo Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited October 26
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭
    @Zelo101 can i use ur stylesheet? Also I played your game and its really good :D
    edited October 26

@Zelo101 can i use ur stylesheet? Also I played your game and its really good :D

The stylesheet im using is a edited verison of Orteil's bigBlue css.
    my stylesheet -- pastebin.com/Sqd0wzXs

orteil's bigblue stylesheet -- orteil.dashnet.org/igm/stuff/bigBlue.css

Also, thanks for playing my game :)
    @Zelo101 thank you and your welcome :)
  • MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    Oh cool I found green wood

Oh cool I found green wood
    lucky!
    edited October 28
    Yeah I have like 563 of it

Pretty much beat the game, except for getting 100k or 1M tables

Yeah I have like 563 of it

Pretty much beat the game, except for getting 100k or 1M tables

Cool! 0.6 will have more upgrades & buildings so it'll be less short.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really liking the style so far
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭
    The game is great!
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • dottydotty Member Posts: 4
    Hm, I have 11 upgrades, 6 resources, 6 building types, and 12/12 achievements. I am to understand that I am missing 2 resources. Hmmm, but apparently that's all. Anyway, nice game so far.
  • UrtoUrto Member Posts: 1
    I played through it. Liked it, but there's a pretty major bug in that the upgrades that make you more effective at clicking wood/screws also apply to the blue and green wood I got from clicking.

My very first time clicking a green wood, I got 30 of them, but the upgrade that cost 9 said finding so many was totally unheard of. I get the feeling I was only supposed to get 1. This sped up the game a lot and lowered the worth of rare resources.
    edited October 29
    When I got my first green wood I got 563 lol

@dotty I looked through the code, doesn’t seem possible to get those resources, but they ARE in the code
    dotty said:

Hm, I have 11 upgrades, 6 resources, 6 building types, and 12/12 achievements. I am to understand that I am missing 2 resources. Hmmm, but apparently that's all. Anyway, nice game so far.

@dotty I was going to add them into the game, but i noticed that if i keep adding all of these resources, the game would get overwhelming and just plain boring.
    0.51 deleted those resources.
    Urto said:

I played through it. Liked it, but there's a pretty major bug in that the upgrades that make you more effective at clicking wood/screws also apply to the blue and green wood I got from clicking.

My very first time clicking a green wood, I got 30 of them, but the upgrade that cost 9 said finding so many was totally unheard of. I get the feeling I was only supposed to get 1. This sped up the game a lot and lowered the worth of rare resources.

@Urto I'll try to fix this in 0.52/0.6. I'll do it with the green wood.

I wont change the blue wood though, since its kinda in the middle of the "rare scale", and you need them to buy Helpers.

• UltraLuigiUltraLuigi Member Posts: 5
    So it seems that the green wood bug happens when you keep clicking quickly after getting one. I have a fast clicker and I noticed that the first time that I got green, when I wasn't using it, I got 2, but the 2nd time, when I was using it, I racked up over 800 green wood until I had it stop clicking. Maybe the rng value doesn't change if you click fast enough?

So it seems that the green wood bug happens when you keep clicking quickly after getting one. I have a fast clicker and I noticed that the first time that I got green, when I wasn't using it, I got 2, but the 2nd time, when I was using it, I racked up over 800 green wood until I had it stop clicking. Maybe the rng value doesn't change if you click fast enough?

You probably brought those clicker upgrdes. Those upgrades also multiply the yield of getting green wood. This will be fixed in 0.52/0.6
  • idcidc Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2
    Zelo101 said:

You probably brought those clicker upgrdes. Those upgrades also multiply the yield of getting green wood. This will be fixed in 0.52/0.6
    I did look at the igm code (the actual maker code) and I can't see why it'd cause that anyway. But I performed a test and it definitely doesn't.
    Edit:
    I did 1,000 clicks at once multiple times and it gives around the expected amount when using a 20% click chance.

The actual code as far as I could tell (before testing) 'rerolls' the chance every time you click.
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!
    Here’s some ideas for things you can add:

Chairs (These could be Buildings, or upgrades to increase all table production.)
    A building that costs Steel
    Stacking Tables to get Table Stacks as another resource, which could get you more upgrades (This Idea was just random. Maybe some building would use up tables every second and give you Stacks)

Can you help me with identifying the difference between owned and not owned upgrade? I went into my style sheet and changed the color to red and it only gives a shadow when u cant afford it; can you help?