Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Multibuy.

DortenDorten Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
And multisell. The cost/refund is calculated by simple multiplication of current cost. The MADNESS!

Comments

• Zelo101Zelo101 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I really hope they fix this. Since as soon as you can buy 50 of something, you can sell 50, then buy 50, then sell, getting more of the resource while doing it.
  • 100lol100lol Member, Wiener Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭
    @Orteil fix this^
    Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!
  • MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited October 29
    While I can’t use this, due to playing on mobile, it still sounds bad for most people

But seriously this sounds like it will break games. @Orteil YOU NEED TO FIX
  • purpleaarowpurpleaarow Member Posts: 4
    Not only that, but buying 50 is way cheaper than it should be.
  • idcidc Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November 17
    I missed this before. I looked into it and it's hard to follow the code tbh. I may have a mod that will fix it for buying but atm I couldn't get it to work for selling. The code isn't easy to read and I can barely follow what it is doing since I'm not that experienced with JS.
    eval('G.Thing.prototype.getCosts =' + G.Thing.prototype.getCosts.toString().replace('mult*=this.costMult;','var oldmult=mult;if(mult>0){mult=(Math.pow(this.costRate,oldmult) - 1)/(this.costRate - 1)}; mult*=this.costMult;'));

Idk if it will mess things up even more though so maybe just wait for orteil to fix it. :p

Edit:
    I had to make it keep the original way when selling. If what I have now works for buying I may have a look at doing it for selling too. But it looks to need a bigger fix and I'll probably just post the whole function edited rather than use eval to fix it.

It seems to just multiply the amount by 'this.costMult' which I assume is for upgrades making buildings cheaper and then multiply the total cost for 1 building at the current amount you already have by that. It's a pretty major bug.

Edit:
    I looked at it and I couldn't do it for selling. But it seems to work for buying though it may need more testing to be sure.
    Post edited by idc on
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!
  • hoglahoohoglahoo Member Posts: 7
    edited November 9
    I tried to workaround this bug by disabling selling, but couldn't find a way. Setting "building cost refund:0%" seems to have the effect of 100% refund, so I've set the refund to 0.00000000000000000001% or something. Very silly but seems to be working.

One other issue I've run into is that the sell price that is displayed when I click "Ctrl" seems to be 50% of the purchase price no matter what my building cost refund is set to. So I've hidden all building costs as well - am I missing something here?
  • MathCookieMathCookie Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    Yeah, I’m ceasing development of my IGM game until this is fixed.

I refuse to make a game so broken with no way to fix it.
  • idcidc Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    When I'm feeling better, if Orteil doesn't fix it I will look again and maybe just rewrite the whole function. It is too much of a mess to fix. Still not ideal but at least people could play the game without the glitch. No way to stop others using the glitch though.

Edit:
    It's just too much of a mess to fix with my lack of skills. I managed to get the displayed price when selling to be correct but the game then uses something else to calculate how much you get when selling and the fix for the displayed price messes up those. I'd need to fix 3 or 4 different functions to do it and it's too much work.
    Post edited by idc on
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!