Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Last prestige upgrades?

dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
Hey, I recently bought the 63rd Prestige Upgrade (the one that costs 1 B) and now my stats say I have 63 from 65. What are these last two and why don't I see them in the ascension screen?

Comments

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Have you got the three hidden ones (the ones you get when your prestige level ends in 7, 777 and 777,777)?
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Oh god, prolly not no :o Maybe the first one..
    But what do they do? How much do they cost? Can't find anything on them on the Wiki....
    Ah ok I found it. Thanks :)
  • TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 9
    Those three are relatively powerful actually in terms of end-game upgrades. Kind of a pain to calculate the prestige level needed so you can buy them, but very much worth it.
    You can do it in steps.
    First you save until you can pay the price for the last one (78M HC)
    Then you switch Short numbers off under Options.
    Then you reset, see exactly how many Prestige levels you have, lets say 1,500,000,000.
    Then you ascend and run until you get let's say 777,700 extra
    Then do it again and cautiously peek in the last 77 :)
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    dr_flash said:

You can do it in steps.
    First you save until you can pay the price for the last one (78M HC)
    Then you switch Short numbers off under Options.
    Then you reset, see exactly how many Prestige levels you have, lets say 1,500,000,000.
    Then you ascend and run until you get let's say 777,700 extra
    Then do it again and cautiously peek in the last 77 :)

I'm not sure what the expression "peek in" means. Is it a form of hacking/cheating? If so, I'd say this is one case where it's not that hard to get the correct prestige amount legitimately (and I've described how to do it elsewhere). Yes you have to think about it and work for it, but it's more fun. Then again, I'm someone who just does not see the point in any kind of cheating, so maybe I'm biased.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    I think he means don't worry about getting the last few in one go. When you're within a few of ending in 77,777, ascend every time you get1 prestige point, so you don't overshoot. It also helps to avoid deer and gold/wrath cookies at this point, so they don't bump you a couple too high.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I crept up on those last few points I needed for the 7, 777, and 777,777 by ascending just before the mark essentially to reset my CpS. (And getting extra ascensions toward that achievement.)
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

Yeah, I crept up on those last few points I needed for the 7, 777, and 777,777 by ascending just before the mark essentially to reset my CpS. (And getting extra ascensions toward that achievement.)

OK, I see. I guess that's an alternative to selling off buildings, as a way to reduce CpS to a manageable level.

Maddie said:

I think he means don't worry about getting the last few in one go. When you're within a few of ending in 77,777, ascend every time you get1 prestige point, so you don't overshoot.

Exactly, thanks for pointing that out. :) Overshooting is the big risk indeed.
    Sorry for the confusion :)

For what it's worth I worked my way up the significant digits. When I got the one ending in 7, I made sure that from then on, I only ascended with a multiple of 10 (or 100) new prestige points. When I got the one for 777, I started ascending in multiples of 1000. That way I didn't have to keep track of needing 61,402 or something like that.
    LOL wow did you really consider that the easier way? :D
    Yeh. I didn't have to remember to turn off short numbers to see whether I needed to add or Once I had my prestige to I just had to remember that I needed 40 or 700 or 4000 or 20,000 or whatever.