Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Spooky stories

ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭
Hallows wiener is almost here, let's post short scary stories together trying to spook each other.

Lemme begin:

I noticed strange things happening around the house immediately. When I was younger, I had an affinity – no an obsession – with ghost stories. They say that spirits know. They know when an open-minded member of the living is around. They make themselves known to those who are looking.
For some time, the spirits and I lived in harmony. I would hear the quick rapping of footsteps, or walk through cold pockets of air. Lights would be on when I swear I left them off. Books would be left open on the table when I was certain I had returned them to their homes on the shelf. I would hear sounds of things falling, or being dropped, from upstairs. All in all, pretty harmless and I easily got used to the noises.
It was only when I started the renovations that I began to feel frightened. During the deconstruction, we discovered a room that had been sealed off many years ago.
Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
The world may never know
"You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
"Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
""""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

Comments

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭
    you could make a cult out of that suspense more!
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's something basic I wrote. Based in the Crimson Stains universe. ((This is more of a warm-up than anything. It's from Laurel's perspective.))

I've heard rumors of the existence of a terrifying beast. Crimson red fur, with pure black eyes and teeth and claws sharp as a well-crafted knife. It walks like a human would, but it's taller and stronger than any human being is. I've heard stories of people wandering into it's woods and never being seen again.

I was an idiot. I tried to hunt it, with my brother. The stories are all true. The creature is out there. We hunted him together, but my brother disappeared somewhere along the line. I later found him. He was another one of those . . . creatures, but a bright yellow color and even larger. He didn't seem to recognize me. I almost lost an arm getting away from him . . . and I almost shot him.

I . . . couldn't save him. And to make things worse? I had to watch as a few poor men marched onward to the nightmare. The creatures tore into their flesh, devouring them alive. They left their corpses ripped open at the stomach, empty.

It only got worse from there.