Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Is a Bigger Magic Meter Actually Better?

CreaphisCreaphis Member Posts: 9
edited October 23 in General Discussion
Hey all. I know there are a few people here who specialize in analysis so I figured I'd open this question to the board. Is it actually helpful to increase the size of your magic meter? Since every spell's cost is based at least partially on a percentage of your max magic, increasing your maximum magic just means you need to regenerate more magic points before you can cast a spell again.

I'm sure the answer varies from spell to spell. Haggler's Charm and Resurrect Abomination only require 10 and 20 points of magic plus 10% of your total, so it's definitely more efficient to cast them at 100 max magic (which would cost you 20 and 30 points, respectively) than at 11 and 22 max magic (which would completely drain your bar and leave you stuck at the slowest recharge rate). However, these spells aren't too useful so this is an academic point. I imagine most players are more interested in Force the Hand of Fate and Spontaneous Edifice. Is it best to cast FtHoF at the minimum of 25 max magic? Is it best to cast SE at 80?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out the differential equation but no luck so far.