Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

My game broke... Need help.

megapaqmegapaq Member Posts: 2
I was playing CC today and it stopped responding. I tried to restart the browser (latest Chrome, with all extensions and addons undated), and now the game gets stuck in the loading screen. I would clear cookies and restart the game, but there's a lot of progress that I haven't exported to a save file. Is there a way to extract the current progress from somewhere before I clear the cookies and reset?

Best Answer

Answers

• morkenmorken Member Posts: 3
    Try to just delete the cache.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    morken said:

Try to just delete the cache.

Seems to me that's what mega is trying to avoid doing, since it would almost certainly remove all record of his progress. Not that I can think of any other solution.
  • megapaqmegapaq Member Posts: 2
    Tracked down KangSK's method on the forum and it worked partially. The code I got had my prestige level, but it was missing all the achievements. I was easily getting the early ones though.
    The weird thing is I simply loaded the old save file I had to see how big of a difference there is, and then loaded the new code again, and most of the achievements appear to be back. I guess the rest will be easy to get back.

Thank you KangSK for saving my prestige.
    And thanks morken and bob_32:116.
  • KangSKKangSK Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I'm on my way finding how to recover the Achievements. Will tell you as fast as possible.