Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

RunninginReverse's Music Shit

2»

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,856Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Electric Boogaloo

I've made some more discoveries.

1. ModBox has a beta update, 3.0.0-I, that has access to the FM instrument settings that normal BeepBox has now. (Apparently, the other 3.0.0 version I used with the glitch where it could only be made oh-so-long was also a beta version. Just as I suspected.)

2. There's another modded BeepBox floating around, SandBox, which also has access to the FM instrument(i.e. the customizable instrument) settings as well as some new things in that area. It's also got some of the instruments Modded BeepBox has (though not all of them) and some other, unique Chip instruments (i.e. the defaults that you don't have to play around with to make sound good).

This means, another update to how I'm gonna do things:

If Modded BeepBox 3.0.0-I doesn't have any major bugs that prevent from actually making songs like it did for Ripper in 3.0.0-G, I'll be using that. If not, I'll be using SandBox.
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud
    A preview for my next song, Monster's Blade, is now up!

This is the second song I've ever posted that Soundcloud has considered anything other than Chiptune - apparently, this qualifies as Electronic Rock.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,227Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should take some of that stuff for random parts of my games
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    edited July 2018

Okay, so, uh, if you do, then . . . Well, 2 things:

1. Ask, and give details on what you're using them for. Besides the fact that some songs just won't fit certain things, there's also the fact that I just might not want you to use certain songs.

2. Give proper credit. I can't stress this enough. Make a little "credits" button on the title screen of your game, and put my song credit there. (I won't accept if it's just the end credits, because I don't have the time to play through a whole game just to see if proper credit's been given.)

and 3 i want bluer than blue role on your discord if you use anything that i make besides the sprite i gave you that one time

EDIT: I don't want to double-post, but Monster's Blade is now out in it's full glory! This time, Soundcloud guessed that it was funk rock. I decided to stick with Electronic Rock/Chiptune for the tags.

And, while I'm at it, might as well give an update on Springlocked EP, right? (BONUS: Announcing the Ultimate Custom Night song to be added to the Springlocked EP!)

FNaF 1 - Out of Power (Freddy Fazbear)
    FNaF 2 - Puppet Strings (The Puppet)
    FNaF 3 - Springlocked (Springtrap/William Afton)
    FNaF 4 - Golden Lullaby (Fredbear)
    FNaF SL - Broken Facade (Circus Baby/Elizabeth Afton)
    FFPS - Broken Pieces (Michael Afton/The Player)
    UCN - Welcome to Hell (All/"The One You Shouldn't Have Killed")
    Post edited by ¤RunninginReverse¤ on
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,227Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so, uh, if you do, then . . . Well, 2 things:

1. Ask, and give details on what you're using them for. Besides the fact that some songs just won't fit certain things, there's also the fact that I just might not want you to use certain songs.

2. Give proper credit. I can't stress this enough. Make a little "credits" button on the title screen of your game, and put my song credit there. (I won't accept if it's just the end credits, because I don't have the time to play through a whole game just to see if proper credit's been given.)

and 3 i want bluer than blue role on your discord if you use anything that i make besides the sprite i gave you that one time

EDIT: I don't want to double-post, but Monster's Blade is now out in it's full glory! This time, Soundcloud guessed that it was funk rock. I decided to stick with Electronic Rock/Chiptune for the tags.

And, while I'm at it, might as well give an update on Springlocked EP, right? (BONUS: Announcing the Ultimate Custom Night song to be added to the Springlocked EP!)

FNaF 1 - Out of Power (Freddy Fazbear)
    FNaF 2 - Puppet Strings (The Puppet)
    FNaF 3 - Springlocked (Springtrap/William Afton)
    FNaF 4 - Golden Lullaby (Fredbear)
    FNaF SL - Broken Facade (Circus Baby/Elizabeth Afton)
    FFPS - Broken Pieces (Michael Afton/The Player)
    UCN - Welcome to Hell (All/"The One You Shouldn't Have Killed")
    Thot you’d be more to ask for the Bluest role, it’s what all the bluer than blues want now I’ll probably ask you beforehand, I mean, I do respect rights

"Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx

Thot you’d be more to ask for the Bluest role, it’s what all the bluer than blues want now I’ll probably ask you beforehand, I mean, I do respect rights

i don't like how bluest looks with dark theme or i would have asked for it

Alright.

can you fight fate? - A preview for Duel Against Fate is now up. This is gonna be interesting... I'm playing with multiple instruments per channel this time, this one's gonna come out more complex than my other songs.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    The FULL VERSION of Duel Against Fate is now up! I don't really have much to say on it that I didn't in the description of this song. So, uh, yeah.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    Okay, so, some updates.

- For the time being, The Springlocked EP is not currently being worked on. My old laptop is borked and I lost all my progress, so I'm not really up to returning to Springlocked at this moment. However, I will return to it at some point.

- For Halloween, I am going to be releasing a creepypasta song! This one is based on the infamous "Buried Alive" Pokemon urban legend. I've really gotten into creepypasta stuff in general - due in no small part to spooky time being upon us - but Buried Alive is one I've found more recently.

I've been making some good progress, so it should be ready some time before Halloween, but I will be posting it on Halloween itself.

- I will also now be taking music requests! Give me a character, and I will at least attempt to make a song for them. However, note that...

1. Music requests take a backseat to my own music plans as well as my current non-music-based projects, and
    2. I reserve the right to deny a request for any reason, or to take a song out of my queue. It'll be most likely because I either don't know the character well enough(no, a wiki page won't be enough for me to go off), have stared at it in my queue for a long time with no real progress, have a large backlog of requests already, or simply don't have any ideas for how the song would be.

Keep those in mind before making requests, but otherwise, go ahead and post your requests here! (I will also be putting a masterlist of requests on the front page and in any posts where I queue, post or de-queue requested songs.)
    ---
    Soundcloud