Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sugar Lumps

TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 4
There must be some math I'm doing incorrectly here, or some mechanic I don't understand.

The stats page says I've harvested 94 sugar lumps, but when I count up by hand the ones I've invested into building types I only count 30. To my knowledge I've never used one to refill the magic meter or refill the pantheon slots. What's the deal?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    What's the number next to the growing sugar lump?

Also, are you counting your buildings right? Remember that going to level N from level N-1 requires paying N sugar lumps, so that getting to level 1 requires 1 lump, level 2 requires 3 (1+2) lumps, level 3 requires 6 lumps, etc.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭
    Mine reads 130. I don’t even know if the update has been out that long even.

Also, has only 8 lumps unused, I have used refill on the magic meter about five times.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 4
    dpareja said:

What's the number next to the growing sugar lump?

Also, are you counting your buildings right? Remember that going to level N from level N-1 requires paying N sugar lumps, so that getting to level 1 requires 1 lump, level 2 requires 3 (1+2) lumps, level 3 requires 6 lumps, etc.

OK that's an obvious math oversight by me. Level 2 requiring 3 lumps, etc, was where i went wrong. Thank you!
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    TruthPP34 said:

OK that's an obvious math oversight by me. Level 2 requiring 3 lumps, etc, was where i went wrong. Thank you!

3 lumps TOTAL for level 2. I just want to clarify that, because when I read that, my reaction was "No, each level costs lumps equal to the new level."
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

Mine reads 130. I don’t even know if the update has been out that long even.

Also, has only 8 lumps unused, I have used refill on the magic meter about five times.

Sugar lumps implemented (in main game, at least) on July 15, so 88 days, but I'm not sure how long it's been since the 2.003x beta began (or where they were implemented in that).

Have you gotten lucky with Sweet! and special lumps? And have you bought the related heavenly upgrades and set Rigidel at all?
  • TruthPP34TruthPP34 Member Posts: 4
    Billabo said:

TruthPP34 said:

3 lumps TOTAL for level 2. I just want to clarify that, because when I read that, my reaction was "No, each level costs lumps equal to the new level."
    Yup I understood the original explanation, just didn't regurgitate it clearly. Upgrading to level five, for example, requires five additional sugar lumps to what you've already put in. Thanks for the help.

I've gotten seemingly unlucky with getting meaty lumps or bifurcated lumps, I think it's only happened 3 or 4 times total (though I have both achievements) and I've gotten just one or two lumps from a lucky cookie. Anything helps though. After putting one lump in each building I got chancemakers to 10 and now have six in prisms as I'm working down the list. Might do wizard towers next though.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Just to be perfectly obvious, it takes 55 lumps to bring a building up to level ten.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    From the point of view of getting the ten levels achievement, it makes no difference which levels are upgraded first. Therefore, it seems to me that while all the levels are less than ten, the best strategy is to at each point level up the building that gives the best increase in CpS for the sugar lumps expended (easy to calculate) rather than getting one level of each, then two of each, etc. or "working your way down" or any other strategy. It's pretty easy to prove that levelling up the building with the highest ratio of (CpS increase)/((lumps required) is the best strategy for maximising cookies.

Once one building gets to level 10, then it's up to the player to decide whether to go for the ten levels achievement or to just continue the strategy of levelling the best. Personally I'm not sure I feel like waiting 18 months or two years or whatever to get a CpS boost that I can probably get much more quickly by up-levelling my best buildings. At my stage of the game, each additional achievement equates to a CpS boost of around 2.6%. So really the only reason for getting the achievement is... ummmm... to get the achievement (which is of course a perfectly valid reason, it is after all a game).
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
    I'm at 117 on beta and 101 on live game. I've missed a few through botched harvests when I didn't realise you could refresh and try again.