Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

DOES FLYING SIMULATORS HELP YOU BECOME A PILOT?

BeefJack105BeefJack105 Member Posts: 1
I Wanted to raise the question if the flight or air traffic simulators help improve aviation knowledge and could it benefit you in becoming a pilot?

for example, there's this game I've discovered called tower 3d pro, its basically air traffic control simulator.let me know your thoughts:

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no, they don't. The control schemes of a video game can't exactly match a plane's unless both the game and controller are built for that specific purpose, so there'll always be differences in controls, and video game physics engines are never 100% accurate to reality so that's unlikely, too. Not to mention video games are generally not realistic in the first place.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    According to actual pilots, yes, they can help for certain things.
    https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/738/can-microsoft-flight-simulator-help-me-learn-to-fly-or-make-me-a-better-pilot

Not to mention video games are generally not realistic in the first place.

The whole point of a simulator is to be realistic, so that doesn't apply here.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • leunleun Member Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    I know two friends who are trying to become pilots and they have put a lot of hours into flight simulator, one of them is going to go on a test flight of some sorts.
    Id say they help but you do need real world experience.