Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

A new debug upgrade and buying mode

FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited October 10 in Suggestions
I've noticed that a lot of people were changing their clocks and getting Sugar Lumps that take literal years to ripen; so I think having the ability to forcibly botch a growing lump would be rather useful. (by debug mode, I mean opensesame; I don't know what it's actually called).

For the buying mode, I think that having a "Buy all available upgrades" button would be nice; Especially for when you've just ascended and you have 200+ cheap upgrades to buy
Post edited by Faeitty on
Tagged:

Comments

• blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I don't believe that would solve any problem. Setting your clock ahead is essentially just cheating. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't gain any sugar lumps until that date of your computer is reached again, even if you were to purposefully botch the harvest.

So if you're gonna cheat, why not just open the debug menu and give yourself sugar lumps? Fixing peoples' ruined sugar lumps by unsupported cheating methods is just time and effort that should be focused elsewhere, imo. This is why save backups exist.
  • FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited October 12

I don't believe that would solve any problem. Setting your clock ahead is essentially just cheating. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you won't gain any sugar lumps until that date of your computer is reached again, even if you were to purposefully botch the harvest.

So if you're gonna cheat, why not just open the debug menu and give yourself sugar lumps? Fixing peoples' ruined sugar lumps by unsupported cheating methods is just time and effort that should be focused elsewhere, imo. This is why save backups exist.

I understand where you're coming from, but someone could just as easily reset their clock because it was off by a few days, and then suddenly find that their sugar lump will take weeks to grow and they have a ton of lumps they didn't earn. I think that the fact that SL's restrict your ability to change the clock of your computer extremely obnoxious. Perhaps, instead of being able to botch a harvest, SL's should just be changed so they are purely dependent on the time it's been around, rather than having anything to do with your computer