Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Finding Space - The Adventure Game

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭
    “I’ll see what I can do....”

I head down to where he is.

“Wow. That really is pretty freaking old.”
    cease your tomfoolery

• SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Try not to puke whilst getting back to piloting this thing.

you stabilize the whiriling ship, luckily, you managed to spin out of the asteroid field.

My Oreos! NOOOOOOOOOO, my Oreos! The stupid asteroid hit my Oreos. Grr...

"Hey James, could you come up to the lab and help me make my PEWS a bit better. I don't want another asteroid to hit us like that. This time it only hit my Oreos, lord knows what would happen if it hit my chocolate chip cookies." @Lava_Entity

“I’ll see what I can do....”

I head down to where he is.

“Wow. That really is pretty freaking old.”

Yep, pretty old.
    Also maybe fix the massive hole that's venting oxygen
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭
    Quick James, fix it, or we'll all die!! @Lava_Entity
    e^i*π=-1
    I patch up the hole as best I can at the moment.

“Jeez, you’d think this ship would have at least SOME kind of precautions about the venting of air into space.”
    cease your tomfoolery

I patch up the hole as best I can at the moment.

“Jeez, you’d think this ship would have at least SOME kind of precautions about the venting of air into space.”

I mean, the bulkheads did seal, but you are still flying around with a big fucking hole

Quick James, fix it, or we'll all die!! @Lava_Entity

I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
    I put on a Extrovascular Activity Garment(aka a space suit so I won’t freaking die) and go patch the hole.

I take a large enough peice of meatal and place it in front of the hole.

I cut out places so the square meatal tile slides in perfectly.
    I weld it into place.

Next I fix any wiring or piping that was destroyed.
    I also add in the insulation material.

Lastly I put a new tile of wall in the place where the hole was.

Done.
    cease your tomfoolery

"Good work James!" I do another scan of my PEWS to see that everything is working now.
    e^i*π=-1
    edited November 2017
    “Yeah......hey, that PEWS display looks pretty old....well, just like the rest of this garbage scowl.”

I look around the dimly lit room and halfway beyond.

“I think these walls should be more....silver rather than this disgusting, brown color.”

EDIT: (also can we get some ship schematics, or should I just make some up?)
    Post edited by Lava_Entity on
    cease your tomfoolery

“Yeah......hey, that PEWS display looks pretty old....well, just like the rest of this garbage scowl.”

I look around the dimly lit room and halfway beyond.

“I think these walls should be more....silver rather than this disgusting, brown color.”

EDIT: (also can we get some ship schematics, or should I just make some up?)

uh,
    go ahead. But follow the kind of design i've described.

Also, this is a story driven game, you don't have to wait for me to post to chat ahead
    Also i'm waiting for RiR to comment again.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what to do. I mean, we're balanced again and presumably clear of the asteroid field, right?
    don'tsayhisnamedon'tsayhisnamedon'tsayhisnamedon'tsayhisname
    ---
    S̸o͠undclo̧҉͞u͏̷d

I dunno what to do. I mean, we're balanced again and presumably clear of the asteroid field, right?

A comm comes on Screen
    "Well, kronos. What took you so long? Only joking...
    Head to the august, we are almost to our first stop on this trip, the Centauri Gate."
    "On it."

Get to the August.
    ---
    S̸o͠undclo̧҉͞u͏̷d

"On it."

Get to the August.

you travel to the August. infront of it is a massive gate, alien and unknown. It's your first reasearch stop

Comms come online
    "Fuck, Cronos, come dock quick and we will get you fixed up and resupplied. But we need you back out in the field asap."
    Dock and get ready to do more stuff.
    ---
    S̸o͠undclo̧҉͞u͏̷d
    edited November 2017
    “Yeah...that thing looks pretty intimidating...”

“Want me to upgrade your PEWS for you?” @MrMonkey7th

By the way....ship specs? Do these work?
    cease your tomfoolery

I was thinking the bomber looked more like a "Flying Wing" like a Stealth Bomber.
    ok, how’s this?

cease your tomfoolery

ok, how’s this?

ye sure.
    It's kind of like that. Turret at the front, maybe not the wing turrets.
    Another turret at the butt, a butt turret. And a turret on the belly.

In the front of the Cronos is the bridge. connecting it is one hallway that leads straight down to the engines bay. A + section inbetween the bridge and the engines bay splits to the chill wing and the science wing. With the armory closet inbetween the Intersection and the lab. In the chill wing is the bathroom, the canteen and the jantorial area.
    "Yes please James, that would be greatly appreciated!" @Lava_Entity
    e^i*π=-1

"Yes please James, that would be greatly appreciated!" @Lava_Entity

ok yeah.

The ship's repairs are almost finish, the pews have been patched up but their are still blind spots. And the poorly patched hole is fixed. The ship is ejected from the August again, outside is a massive "gate" of sort sits there, it's fucking old and is definitely not made by humans.
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 488 ✭✭
    "Some kind of huge old gate not made by humans, what could possibly go wrong?"
    Nope! Nothing here!
    What can I do while the ship is being repaired?
    ---
    S̸o͠undclo̧҉͞u͏̷d
    I ready the containment bay. I have a feeling we may need to use it in the near future.
    e^i*π=-1

What can I do while the ship is being repaired?

your piloting again, repairs are finished
    tommo1993 said:

"Some kind of huge old gate not made by humans, what could possibly go wrong?"

yep

I ready the containment bay. I have a feeling we may need to use it in the near future.

hue

The Gate is a "Hyperspace Wormhole"
    It tunnels through space/time to create a super warpgate. It can transport you across the galaxy in 10 seconds flat.

The Sensor Arrays suddenly flare up as thousands of unidentified ships fill up the Sensors. Alarms begin to blare, what could all of these ships be?

The gate begins to rumble...
    I finish the PEWS refit, and go to the bridge.

“What the hell is happening up here?”

cease your tomfoolery

I send out a signal on all known frequencies, in all known languages, and set it on repeat:
    "We come in peace. We do not wish any harm to anyone."
    e^i*π=-1
  • tommo1993tommo1993 Member Posts: 488 ✭✭

I send out a signal on all known frequencies, in all known languages, and set it on repeat:
    "We come in peace. We do not wish any harm to anyone."

"I don't think that this is going to work Gilbert! I suggest running away, those ships could be hostile to us."
    Nope! Nothing here!
    "That's up to the captain. I'm just doing what I can, but I do concur. Neil (@¤RunninginReverse¤ ), we should probably get out of here.
    e^i*π=-1
    It's proven that whatever these ship are, they are not friendly, when one of them fires at the august, cleaving the bridge of it clean off. Killing the captain and a majority of the high ranking crew.

The gate behind you begins to shift,
    I seal the airlock on my lab, and lock the door.

I switch my peace cry to an SOS call:

"Mayday, mayday... This is the accompanying ship for the USS August... We are being fired upon by an an unknown swarm of ships. Mayday, Mayday. The bridge has been blown off of the August, and the enemy is still attacking."

Launch all turrets, and if they are available, raise the shields.

"How's it looking up their Captain?"
    e^i*π=-1