Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

New Challenge Mode: "egg"

jvsaddicjvsaddic Member Posts: 5
Here's an idea for a new challenge mode:
~No buildings (Sugar lumps still grow luckily, but you obviously can't spend them)
~Seasons are free
~Permanent upgrade slots don't transfer (Except for Omelette, any Golden Cookie upgrades, and Bingo/Research Facility)
~Prestige transfers

Achievements Only available in "egg" mode:
~Purchase "egg"
~Bake 1,000 cookies in this mode
~Bake 1,000,000 cookies
~Bake 1,000,000,000 cookies
~Etc.
~Purchase a kitten
~Reach 21 Billion CpS (The CpS of a Chancemaker)
~Embryo Complex: Name yourself "egg"
~Impulse Purchase: Buy all the useless upgrades possible(i.e., all the upgrades that affect only buildings)
~Ascend having earned at least 1 Heavenly Chip

I'm sure there are a ton more creative achievement ideas that I'm just not coming up with, so feel free to leave some ideas below, and let me know what you think!

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    "Ascend having earned at least 1 Heavenly Chip"

Oh heck no.

Remember that the number of cookies required to make the next Heavenly Chip goes up quadratically with your prestige.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited October 2
    If I'm understanding this, you are basically playing with your CPS being only the nine that you get from "egg" (at least, that's the only way I can parse "no buildings" -- no buildings at all, no CPS. Golden cookies return is based on your existing CPS; so are the reindeer.) and the multipliers that aren't tied to buildings.

So how do you make any cookies to even buy "egg" with in the first place?

Also, why would the Bingo Facility upgrades transfer? You can't get the Bingo facility without Grandmothers.

Or are you not counting Cursors and Grandmothers as "Buildings" because they aren't literally buildings?

Why does Omelette in a Permanent upgrade slot transfer, but not any other eggs?
  • jvsaddicjvsaddic Member Posts: 5
    I see the problem with the Heavenly Chips achievement, we can nix that then.

My thought process is, you can unlock "egg" by clicking on golden cookies, and it costs 999 to buy your first egg which you can raise via cookie clicks. So essentially, there is a challenge of patience, waiting to get the right egg, and clicking the cookie enough times.

Saving the bingo research facility in the permanent slot would be the only way to access the research upgrades, which is one of the ways you can purchase useless upgrades like doubling cookie production of grandmas. But also of course, actually helpful upgrades.

I'm not including grandmas and cursors, although I see where that could've been confusing.

I guess it could include other eggs, I just figured it would be dumb to have other eggs (maybe not the golden egg) because it would lower your chances of unlocking the next egg. Unless my assumption is incorrect, and you would be more likely to unlock egg faster because there are fewer eggs left to unlock from.

So, changes from the original post:
    ~No more Heavenly Chips achievement
    ~You can use any eggs in the Permanent Slots except for "egg"
    ~You can use click enhancing upgrades in the Permanent Slot
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    jvsaddic said:

My thought process is, you can unlock "egg" by clicking on golden cookies, and it costs 999 to buy your first egg which you can raise via cookie clicks. So essentially, there is a challenge of patience, waiting to get the right egg, and clicking the cookie enough times.

Having "egg" can take a long time, even with omelette and all the golden cookie upgrades (assuming you put them in perma slot).
    jvsaddic said:

Saving the bingo research facility in the permanent slot

Did you know that you can't do that for now?

I like the idea, but it is hard enough if you start with "egg", you don't need to add something that is 1000x harder that "true neverclick".

But seriously, if you started with "egg" (or if you could put it in perma upgrades, but it would be fairer if you started with it directly), that could be a nice challenge.