Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Stuck in progress?

cosmicsnowflakecosmicsnowflake Member Posts: 5
Hello.
I've been playing cookie clickers for a day or so and I feel like I'm not progressing, albeit very slowly.
I make 560k cookies per second and the upgrades (which are a bit expensive) only increase my cps very slightly and upgrading buildings seem to do nothing either. The strongest building I have is a wizard tower but I only have 1 and it takes a while to get enough money to buy another.

Can someone help? I feel like I'm stuck.

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Click golden cookies, buy buildings and upgrades as you can.

The first run always takes a while.
  • cosmicsnowflakecosmicsnowflake Member Posts: 5
    edited September 29
    Oh okay. Thanks.
    Btw, is there a specific/efficient way to buy upgrades or buildings?
    You can make a spreadsheet with formulae to see which building or upgrade will most quickly make up its cost.
    I'm confused, a spreadsheet with what formula?
    edited September 30
    For each building and upgrade, you can determine how much buying one will add to your CpS.

For instance, buying Plain Cookies will add 1% of your current total CpS to your CpS. So to know how long it will take to recoup the cost of Plain Cookies, you can divide its cost by 1% of your total CpS.

With buildings, you have to account for the effects of the Fingers upgrades and the Grandma types*.

Whichever building or upgrade will see its cost most quickly recouped is the one you should buy; if you can't yet afford it, it's generally better to wait until you can than buy other things.

When you buy upgrades that do not affect CpS (like the Golden Cookie and mouse upgrades) is up to you.

*There are other upgrades that you can eventually unlock that will also affect this.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to get too involved like dpareja, bob_[numbers], jez, etc, a simple strategy for your early game is to keep enough cookies in the bank that you get the full effect of Frenzy + Lucky, and use the extra to buy buildings and upgrades. Prioritize upgrades that double buildings' CPS, or clicking upgrades, and save up for the next building when you have about 5 to 10 of your current most expensive building.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Ah okay thanks guys! c: