Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Building that boosts Sugar Lump rate instead of CpS

GiraculumGiraculum Member Posts: 2
I had an idea for a building priced after Chancemaker that, instead of increasing CpS by some ridiculous amount, instead decreases the time needed to grow sugar lumps. I don't have a good name for it, so I'll just call it the Lumpinator.

As a base rate, each Lumpinator owned reduces ripening time by 1 second. However, that rate could be improved with upgrades, unlocked at the same building amounts as all the others. Instead of the usual "twice as efficient" effect, though, these upgrades increase Lumpinator speed by 1 second. With all 9 upgrades unlocked and 350 Lumpinators, ripening time is reduced by about an hour, which is on par with Rigidel and Stevia Caelestis. Of course, the more you invest in them, the stronger the effect will be.

The other benefit of the Lumpinator, game design-wise, is that it adds more strategy to purchases in the late-game. You'll want a lot of them to speed up the harvesting, but you also want more CpS-producing buildings so you can buy more Lumpinators. There's kind of a give-and-take, and it's up to the player's style how they want to spend their cookies.

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea.

I'd also add some upgrades (similar to the Grandma types) that increase the odds of growing Bifurcated, Golden, and (if in the Grandmapocalypse) Meaty lumps. Perhaps they could be combined with some of the regular upgrades for the building.

And they would still boost CpS a little, if they count toward Cursors.
  • jvsaddicjvsaddic Member Posts: 5
    edited September 30
    If you spent a sugar lump to level up the lumpinator, what would it do?
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Boost its decrease to ripening time by 1% per level?
  • GiraculumGiraculum Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, upgrading is the thing I couldn't figure out. A 1% boost is par for the course, but it's not a lot considering how slowly lumps form. To break even on getting to level 10, you'd need to wait... 27 years. So, uh, maybe not. A 10% boost helps, but that still takes 2.7 years to break even.

The Lumpinator could have a minigame, and boosting its level helps out, like with the Grimoire. I haven't thought too much on what exactly it would be, but maybe it could help speed up lump production slightly, or affect the odds of getting a special lump.