Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Minor misrepresentation in tabloid blurb

nathan67003nathan67003 Member Posts: 1
edited September 27 in Suggestions
After a quick bounce on Wolfram Alpha, I witnessed that the blurb 'known universe now jammed with cookies!' may be false when the player hasn't baked over 8*10^84 cookies in a single ascension. Pls fix, ty.

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Imma ask the million-dollar question.

DOES..
    IT..
    MATTER!!
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• 100lol100lol Member, Wiener Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8

After a quick bounce on Wolfram Alpha, I witnessed that the blurb 'known universe now jammed with cookies!' may be false when the player hasn't baked over 8*10^84 cookies in a single ascension. Pls fix, ty.

cookie isnt one atom thick or wide ok
    EDIT: nvm
    Post edited by 100lol on
    Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!
  • thatcactusgirlthatcactusgirl Member Posts: 6
    This tabloid appears after you get the A world filled with cookies achievement (bake 10 billion cookies a second). Doing some math (and with some help from wolfram alpha), I have determined that:
    • The universe is 4x10^83 liters in volume (4x10^32 cubic light years)
    • A cookie with a height of 1 cm and a diameter of 8 cm is about 0.05 L
    • Given this, the universe should hold 8x10^84 or 8 septenvigintillion cookies, as OP said. This assumes that there are no gaps in between the cookies, so these are liquid or powdered cookies.
    • If you want whole cookies, the most space-efficient way to pack them is in a honeycomb pattern. Using this strategy would give a volume of 0.055 L per cookie, and a maximum of 7.2x10^84 (7.2 septenvigintillion) cookies.
    Since the tabloid shows up after 10 billion cookies a second, it would take you 2.28x10^67 years to bake enough cookies for it to be true. Considering the age of the universe is only ~14 billion years, this is quite a long time.