Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How do you get wrinklers and what do they do?

koalafergkoalaferg Member Posts: 7
Can someone explain about wrinklers to me

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭
    Wrinkles spawn around the Big Cookie during the Grandmapocolypse

Each Wrinkler withers -5%cps per Wrinkler

When popped (click repeatedly on wrinkler) they give 1.1x the amount of cookies that it has withered in its life.

ex: A wrinkler is popped after withering 100cookies. It gives back 110.

You can also get custom drops from the Wrinkler, such as Halloween cookies or Easter Eggs.

You can also summon Wrinklers via the Grimore.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• ViniVini Member Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to Lava's answer:

You can have up to 10 (or 12 with heavenly upgrades (ascension stuff)) Wrinklers on the Big Cookie at the same time. While each Wrinkler reduces overall CpS by 5%, they each consume the Withered total.
    So, 10 Wrinklers equals 50% Withered CpS, and 10 Wrinklers storing 50% of your CpS each, giving an effective CpS boost of 600%. 50% CpS + 10*(50% CpS * 1.1) = 600% CpS

• koalafergkoalaferg Member Posts: 7
    whats grandmapocalypse and i tried to use magic and it said unsuitable conditoins
    Grandmapocalypse is the event that begins after you purchase the One Mind upgrade. It's on the Bingo Center/Research Facility line. Since you're asking about Wrinklers, I assume you already are at least on stage 1.

I do not even know what stage one is (sorry im have not played in over a year)
    You can tell by the Grandma's icon.

That's stage 1.

Stage 2.

And 3.

It's generally a good idea to stay on stage 1, except for the one time you go all the way for the achievements.

i still fail to see what stage one actually is
    and how to get it
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26
    koalaferg said:

i still fail to see what stage one actually is

The One Mind upgrade starts stage 1 - wrinklers and wrath (red) cookies begin to appear

Communal Brainsweep starts stage 2 - wrath cookies become much more common and wrinklers appear faster

Elder Pact starts stage 3, the final stage. No more golden cookies, just wrath, but this is the best stage for pure idling. At this point you can temporarily end the grandmapocalypse with Elder Pledge, or permanently with Elder Covenant. Note that Elder Covenant is not worth it at all other than to get the achievement for buying it, at which point you should revoke it.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    how do you unlock the one mind upgrade
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭
    Buying the Bingo Center Reasarch Facility unlocks the Grandmapocolypse upgrades.

The upgrade is 1 quadrillion cookies

Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    And to unlock this upgrade, you need to have the "7 grandma types" achievement : having 7 types of grandma (farmer grandmas, miner grandmas, etc).