Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Mana cost of Spontaneous Edifice

jan_bakerjan_baker Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone, I've just signed in to the forum so I'll start congratulating for the nice game you've developed.
So... my question... I've read in many posts that the Spontaneous Edifice spell should become accessible when you reach 100 mana. Actually I got 81 and I can already cast it, as it costs 80. I got 300 wizard towers at level 4. Perhaps, did anything change to the grimoire recently?
Also, I didn't have any mana increase levelling up from 3 to 4, is that normal?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    I thought the cost of each spell was dependant on the number of wizard towers you have. I think there may be a formula on the Wikia. I think the maximum number of magic points (what everyone seems to be calling "mana" - I still don't know where that name comes from) is an increasing function of the number of towers, and then the cost of each spell is a fixed fraction of that maximum.

Currently in my Live game I have 455 towers and cost of the spell is 91, while in the beta game I have 474 towers and the cost is 92.
  • FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    The Glimore got changed soon after its release. Originally, it did cost 100 mana, but the formula was changed. The post you've been reading are simply outdated
  • jan_bakerjan_baker Member Posts: 4
    oh, you're right... I didn't realize the Grimoire was a so recent update... thanks guys!

Ps: in effect there's no mana in cookie clicker... just a name from classic gdr most people are probably used to :)