Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

A nice surprise but obvious if you think about it.

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
I don't have a lot of time for active play these days. Apart from weekends I don't even have the time for ascending. In the last few days however I've steered away from my usual habit of Conjuring Baked Goods whenever I have a moment, instead using Spontaneous Edifice. As everything was at 400 or more apart from Chancemakers, Prisms and Antimatter Condensers it meant that, over 3-4 days, I picked up an extra 40-50 of those high-value items. These in turn gave the predictable steady boost to CPS (for free) but nothing to write home about.

However...

What I didn't factor in was the equivalent cost and time cost of these items. So when this morning I switched to Earth Shatterer aura, sold everything and finally ascended, my Prestige gain jumped from 371M to 1.2Bn. Adding in the 1.6Bn I already had meant a Prestige increase of 75% - all for 3-4 days' repeated casting of Spontaneous Edifice.

Very nice.

(I realise that some members are getting far greater increases via the Godzamok combos and fair play to those members, I just don't have the time for that. However, I think it's fair to note that once you reach a point in the game where it makes more sense to save the cookies than spend them, that a few days' Spontaneous Edifice can bring about immense increases in Prestige for no cost whatsoever. That is until everything hits 400 at which point there are no more gains to be had.)

Comments

• NamliamNamliam Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    I started using Spontaneous Edifice about 5 days ago, as you describe here. The gains have been very good. I'm building up 1B Prestige for the last sugar lump upgrade before I ascend again. I've finally reached the point where I don't have enough bank to get a chancemaker, but I can still get ACs and Prisms. I'll use wrinkler income to build my bank each day as well so I can get the occasional chancemaker. It's working well so far.
    This is a bit off topic, but can you tell me what the last three prestige upgrades are? I can get the last sugar lump upgrade for 1B, but that leaves three more, and I can't find them on the map. What am I missing?
  • FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Namliam said:

This is a bit off topic, but can you tell me what the last three prestige upgrades are? I can get the last sugar lump upgrade for 1B, but that leaves three more, and I can't find them on the map. What am I missing?

the last three have special requirements; you prestige level must end in 7, 777, and 777777 respectively to get them. if you don't meet that requirement, then the upgrades don't appear
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you have the requisite number of heavenly chips in the bank before going for them: they cost 777, 77,777 and 77,777,777 chips respectively.
    Thanks so much! I'll get those three the next time I ascend. What is the gain from them?
    Each gives the same reward:

Your prestige gives an extra 1% boost. (This scales up depending on how many prestige-unlock upgrades you've bought: so the first gives you 5.15%, if you have all three of these upgrades, the second puts that at 25.75%, etc, up to 103%. The total effect is having another cookie that gives a 3% multiplier boost, once you've bought Heavenly chip secret.)

The time that golden cookies stay on screen is increased by 1%. This doesn't affect much; maybe it makes cookie chains a touch easier. I'm not sure if it affects the cookies that appear during storms.

Golden cookie effects last 1% longer. This has more of an effect, in my opinion: with all three (and all other GC upgrades, but no GC-related Krumblor auras) Frenzies will last for 175 seconds, Clots for 150, Building specials for 68, Click frenzies for 30.

Probably the biggest boost is that they count toward the Golden switch, so they're especially valuable if you mostly play idly. Your Golden switch will go from multiplying your production by 2.1 to 2.4, which is a pretty big boost. Even if you play actively and only hit the switch during Click frenzies/Dragonflights... that's still a big boost.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Namliam said:

I started using Spontaneous Edifice about 5 days ago, as you describe here. The gains have been very good. I'm building up 1B Prestige for the last sugar lump upgrade before I ascend again. I've finally reached the point where I don't have enough bank to get a chancemaker, but I can still get ACs and Prisms. I'll use wrinkler income to build my bank each day as well so I can get the occasional chancemaker. It's working well so far.

If you open a second window, switch one of your auras to Earth Shatterer and sell everything you should find a very impressive increase in prestige. For example, in my game right now I've built up 139M prestige to add to the 2.8Bn I already have. If I dry run an ascension however, I add over a billion.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭
    How many wizard towers do you need to get Spontaneous Edifice? I have about 175 at lvl 2
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

At level 2, to have 80 magic (the minimum to cast Spontaneous Edifice), you need 293 Wizard towers.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

At level 3, you'd need 289. At level 4, you'd need 285.
    JezDavis said:

Namliam said:

If you open a second window, switch one of your auras to Earth Shatterer and sell everything you should find a very impressive increase in prestige. For example, in my game right now I've built up 139M prestige to add to the 2.8Bn I already have. If I dry run an ascension however, I add over a billion.
    Yes, I tested that out this morning. 500M additional prestige after selling everything, bringing this run up to about 850M total. I'll ascend once I get 1B. I'm also waiting to get Chancemakers up to level 10. Both should happen in 5 days.
  • nopenopisnopenopis Member Posts: 6
    JezDavis said:

Spontaneous Edifice can bring about immense increases in Prestige for no cost whatsoever. That is until everything hits 400 at which point there are no more gains to be had.)

Why stop there? sell one chancemaker and cast again.

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    nopenopis said:

Why stop there? sell one chancemaker and cast again.

Good point.

dpareja said:

Make sure you have the requisite number of heavenly chips in the bank before going for them: they cost 777, 77,777 and 77,777,777 chips respectively.

I tried this several times after my last evolution. I even created a save point at about 770 prestige and evolved at 777 a few times with zero result. What am I doing wrong? Is it the fact that my prestige has some unspent points in the evolution bank?

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    ^ Your total prestige, including what you're adding with that ascension, has to end in the correct number, and you'll need to turn off short numbers to get an accurate count of how many you need.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    Namliam said:

dpareja said:

I tried this several times after my last evolution. I even created a save point at about 770 prestige and evolved at 777 a few times with zero result. What am I doing wrong? Is it the fact that my prestige has some unspent points in the evolution bank?

See this thread:

http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/16365/thoughts-on-going-for-the-heavenly-hidden-lucky-upgrades
    I have 6.3mil unspent and all heavenly upgrades purchased. I guess I won't be able to get the three hidden upgrades.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    You can get them on your next ascension. Just turn off short numbers, do the subtraction to see how many prestige levels you need (not heavenly chips) to reach a number ending in 777,777, and then ascend when you get that many. Sell your high production buildings when you're getting close to make the timing easier.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

You can get them on your next ascension. Just turn off short numbers, do the subtraction to see how many prestige levels you need (not heavenly chips) to reach a number ending in 777,777, and then ascend when you get that many. Sell your high production buildings when you're getting close to make the timing easier.

Alternately, ascend just before you hit the mark, then carefully go about the start of your next run to get precisely what you need.
    dpareja said:

Billabo said:

Alternately, ascend just before you hit the mark, then carefully go about the start of your next run to get precisely what you need.
    So are you both saying that as long as the prestige level ends in 777,777 I'll get them? Even if it's 2,777,777??
    Namliam said:

dpareja said:

Billabo said:

So are you both saying that as long as the prestige level ends in 777,777 I'll get them? Even if it's 2,777,777??
    Yes.
    When you're closing in, on the right numbers, also get out of Christmas (if you usually run in it) to avoid reindeer, and turn on the golden switch so you don't get too many from a golden/wrath cookie.
    I ascended today with 56,777,777 and didn't see any further upgrades. What am I doing wrong?
    Is that the total, or what you gained by ascending? In this screenshot, for example, you would need to wait for the "+454,430" to become "+555,050"

08619-69569
    56318-03154
    It was the total when I ascended. I had 56,777,777 to spend if I had upgrades to purchase. I did the math and timed it just right to get that final number.
    edited October 12
    If you had that many to spend, that means you made your heavenly chips end in 777,777, not your prestige level. It's the big number next to "Prestige level:" that you need to line up, not heavenly chips.
    And I've circled the upgrades that would appear. (image in spoiler)

08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. It took a bit, but I got 2 of 3 on this last reset.
    Final follow-up question.... Do I need to have 7,777,777 on my next ascension to get the 3rd one? I didn't have enough to spend to get all three last time, so I tested it out last night to see if I could buy the third, but it doesn't show up.
    edited October 13
    777,777 need to be the last six digits of your total prestige. What the rest of them are doesn't matter. You don't need 7 million.