Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I'm about to ascend..

HitzCritzHitzCritz Member Posts: 4
I'm about to ascend for the first time and I don't know if I should do it now or later. I just started playing for fun and I'm not sure what to do, thanks for any feedback (I'm new and have no idea if im posting this right)

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭
    It depends on how may Heavenly Chips you have. It should say right next to the "Legacy" button.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• HitzCritzHitzCritz Member Posts: 4
    I have 1, should I get more first?
    You probably should. You get +1 cps per HC when you ascend after purchasing the Heavenly Upgrade Legacy. It only costs 1 HC, but I usually save up to 50. At least until I get a prisim or 2

A prism is what? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions.
    It's the second best building.

Cost: About 2.1 Quadrillion.

Ok, thank you very much :)
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind is that each chip you have increases your CPS on the next run by 1%, so ascending with just 1 would have very little effect, and also it would not allow you to buy any actual prestige upgrades. I think you should wait until you have over 100, personally.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • jan_bakerjan_baker Member Posts: 4
    The first level of ascension is the longest to reach but, after that, it becomes more and more easy to gain them. I've read some discussions about it and it seems that best level for first ascending is around 270 (don't remember the exact number though).
    I could suggest you to check the Ascension wiki page with the list of all the upgrades you'll be able to buy with the Heavenly Cookies, and then count how many HC you need to buy them.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    In my opinion, with the new sugar lump upgrades, you should ascend first quite quickly, after having a couple HC. If you think you would need more than 24h to get to a hundred HC, then ascend. The sugar lump upgrades really help.

On a new run (I wanted to try how was the game from scratch), I ascended after having 5 HC (I bought 3 basic heavenly upgrades), and the sugar lumps really helped. Think also about all the achievements you will unlock with your first ascension... and a hundred HC is really hard/long to get on your first run.