Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sugar Lump taking 46 days to grow

reninoxreninox Member Posts: 4
edited September 15 in Bug Reports
It actually started at 55 days. I accidentally clicked a bookmark and went to another page. When I pressed the back button on my browser to return to Cookie Clicker, it freaked out on me.

The sugar lump menu claimed that I had 55 days left for my next lump. Life got hectic and I was hoping that it would just keep going like it should but it has not corrected itself. I have been at 5 lumps now for 8 days. Currently says I have 46 days left for my next lump.

Attaching screenshot of the message as proof of the bug. If there is something that can be done to fix, hurrah! If not, I just want it out there that it is a thing (and hopefully sometime in the next 46 days it will be fixed).

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    did you try refreshing?

You've also got the 200 farms achievement icon where your sugar lump should be

• reninoxreninox Member Posts: 4
    Yes I have refreshed, closed and restarted it, even tried to recreate the clicking another page and going back but it stays on the same countdown. The icon will change to random ones. Right now it is one of the ships for Shipments but it has been the prism, chancemaker, etc. before.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Well, the reason it's the buttergold icons is that they're in the same row of icons.png as the sugar lumps, and it calculates which icon in that row to use based on the time left. So with way more time remaining than should be possible, you end up with the icons way to the left of the sugar lump icons, which are the buttergold tier.

As for the actual problem, did you ever change the clock on your computer? That seems to have caused this kind of thing for other people.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    You could try opening the game in another tab and resetting

• reninoxreninox Member Posts: 4
    Oh jeez.... I changed the clock on my computer for another game about a week and a half ago so yeah I imagine that very well could be what is causing it. The days left for it would calculate with when I had changed it to. That blows but oh well. Options seem to be deal with it or start over.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    If you have a recent save file from before you changed the clock, you could restore from it. Depends how much you care about the sugar lumps vs cookies, I guess.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Since sugar lumps use the clock difference to calculate how much time is left, changing it back is the only way to fix it, unless ascending resets the timer. I can't remember if it does or not.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭
    Billabo said:

Since sugar lumps use the clock difference to calculate how much time is left, changing it back is the only way to fix it, unless ascending resets the timer. I can't remember if it does or not.

It doesn't reset the timer.
    Current Status : deteriorating

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC