Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Evoling: Another Evolution Game

YoukCatYoukCat Member Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭
edited September 15 in Playground
NOTICE: The creator of Evolution 3 has been revived! Go play their game! It's worth it!

I know, this is yet another Evolution game, inspired by Evolution 3.
However, the other Evolution games all died off due to the creator's getting bored.
I am going to combat this by 1. Keeping the game up for as long as possible and 2. When I am starting to get bored, I'll start an apocalypse event to spice it up.

Now that those words are said, let's begin:

USELESS LORE THAT NO ONE NEEDS:
Entry Log 14.
Today we begin the test, after dissecting the body of the Evoling we managed to gather it's DNA. We put specialized HIVE MIND chips into the DNA, and cloned them. These Hive Mind chips will have a sort of mini-consciousness in them, with just enough power to control a small swarm of tiny Evolings. However, the integration of this chip has made them severely weakened.
Unlike real Evolings, which eats it's prey and grows it's best traits, these hives will have to eat several creatures to gather up the force to evolve. The Hive Mind can only control so many at a time effectively, though. However, we've hooked up the evolution to be able to strengthen the hive mind's mind, if that makes sense.
We picked a nice pool, and made it so they can't exit incase anything bad happens. The Pool is located at [FILE_MISSING] and we're calling it [FILE_MISSING].
I believe that is all these Hive Minds will be required to know, so I am closing this Entry Log.
- M. Cypher

GAME MECHANICS:
Every species will have DNA, traits, population (health), armor, attack, and several behavior based stats.
DNA is your currency, buy upgrades to grow stronger with it.
Traits are very important as they will be the backbone of your entire population, and will prove potentially powerful bonuses if your playstyle changes to fit it.
Population is pretty much your health, and is very useful for events and combat. Every 10 population will also let you attack an additional time. However, populations have behavioral needs.
Armor reduces the damage taken by a random number 0-A, where A is your current armor. If you have 5 armor, then it will be 1-5 damage reduced.. If the damage taken is less than one, then you will lose only ONE population. Great for events. As long as you have 1 armor, damage will always be reduced (unless traits join)
Attack will deal 0-S damage, where S is your attack. if you have 5 attack, then it will deal 0-5 damage. Will attack again every 10 population.

BEHAVIOR:
You're a Hive Mind Chip, you don't quite have FULL control. Every population point will make these increase by 1, if they're over your max then you'll have to deal with primal behavior.
Hunger: Evolings have a natural desire to hunt. Each population at the start of the game will be giving 1 hunger points.
These make them more likely to attack other creatures, and also lowers armor if it's too high.
Fear: Evolings don't naturally have this. If it gets too high, a forced retreat will happen.
Kindness: Evolings don't naturally have this. If it gets too high, you can't attack.
Hate: Evolings don't naturally have this, but traits can often lead to this. If this gets too high, your Evolings will turn on eachother.

SHOP: For 50 DNA points, you can try to evolve a very tiny evolution. Stack this if you want large stuff, grow it one at a time!
For 5,000 DNA points, you can evolve a very UNIQUE evolution.
For 25 DNA points, you can increase how much Hunger you can have before bad effects set in.
For 25 DNA points, you can do the same to Fear
For 25 DNA points, you can do the same to Kindness
For 25 DNA points, you can do the same to Hate.

Hive Chip Name (Species Name):
Trait: Just put the name, not the mechanics of the trait.
Other Information:

Notice: If the person currently running Evolution 3 asks me to close down this thread, I will do so until they finish their game.

Comments

• CharliethecadetCharliethecadet Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Hive Chip Name: Stormlings V2.0
    Trait: Vagueness, mysterious to all.
    Other: No one knows how these strange creatures originated. They look like small pink orbs, and used to have crackling purple electrical bolts hovering around them, but now have been subdued by scientists who want to discover what makes these creatures so different...
  • YoukCatYoukCat Member Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭
    Name: Stormlings V2.0

DNA: 0
    Population: 5
    Attack: 1
    Armor: 0
    Traits: Vagueness I - Enemy attacks deal 1 less damage, regardless of armor or base bonuses.

Hunger: 5/10
    Fear: 0/10
    Kindness: 0/10
    Hate: 0/10

Research Log: This particular Evoling specimen is quite a mystery, however from what we can gather it seemed to have absorbed massive amounts of energy and propelled it at others like a lightning bolt. It is likely it will begin to replicate these effects in the Hive Chip Experiments.
    Appearance: Small, Pink Orbs that has no noticeable weak spots.

You're in a vast ocean, or a pond, you're unsure. Where do you go? You're near the surface.
    I look around for food. Hunger must be satisfied after all.
    edited September 19
    Searching around, your little orbs manage to bump into several things somehow that you do not sense. You sense that below you is a rather large swarm of tiny creatures, however you don't have any sensing organs to know what they ARE exactly.
    I attempt to absorb their life essence since that's how stormlings eat. They have no mouths, otherwise.
    STORMLINGS 2.0 VS ???

Stormlings:
    Population: 5 - 0
    Modifiers: Vagueness I

VS

???:
    Population: 34 - 1 = 33
    Modifiers: Similarity, Symbiotic

1 DNA Gained for 1 kill.

The mysterious fishes try to flee.
  • NickCydenNickCyden Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Hive Chip Name: Light
    Trait: Bright
    Other:These mysterious beings seem to give off a very bright light somehow. They can only be seen in detail at night.
    edited September 19
    Light

Traits: Brightness I - Other creatures are more likely to notice you and, by extent, come near you. Enables sensory organs to work in the depths.

Research Log: This Evoling specimen was foun in forests, and ate several magmaflies.
    As a result, it gained some sort of light-feature. This light could potentially be put into good use in lamps or more if we study how it creates the brightness.
    Appearance: Yellow Orbs that emit red light.

You're nearby the surface, likely in some sort of pond. Where do you head?
    I search around the pond, looking for food.
    (Hey! You should play the other evolution game, Evolution 3, it's awesome)

You find some nice plantlife (you think) on the seafloor, and eat them. Gaining 2 Population and 7 DNA.

DNA: 7
    Population: 7
    Traits: Brightness I - Other creatures are more likely to notice you and, by extent, come near you. Enables sensory organs to work in the depths.

Hunger: 7/10

Research Log: This Evoling specimen was foun in forests, and ate several magmaflies.
    As a result, it gained some sort of light-feature. This light could potentially be put into good use in lamps or more if we study how it creates the brightness.

You sense some life, however it's below the sand and it'd be difficult to get at it without any sensory organs.
    I search around more, looking for more food
    You find little of interest, however you do manage to snack on some plantlife whilst searching.
    I wander out of the pond and go exploring
    You notice you don't have legs. or any way to figure out where is the exit. You can only vaguely tell what's around you.

Speaking of what's around you, something large is coming your way from below.
    I (float?) very quickly in a straight direction, trying to escape
    You attempt to float away, however the giant is faster...

LIGHT VS ???

LIGHT:
    Population: 7 - 0
    Traits: Brightness I

VS

???
    Health: 5 - 0
    Attack: 3
    Traits: Quick

You find that you can't really flee this kind of monstrosity, better think of something to do!
    I strengthen my light, attempting to blind the fish
    You manage to temporarily blind the fish, stunning it. However, it seems that move of yours took 5 DNA!

LIGHT:
    Population: 7 - 0

VS

???
    Health: 5 - 1 = 4

You gain 2 DNA for biting off some of its flesh.
    I attack it while it's still blinded
    edited September 20
    Due to the timing, you get +1 attack that turn.

LIGHT:
    DNA: 8
    Population: 7 - 2 = 5
    Attack: 1 + 1 = 2

VS

???
    Health: 4 - 2 = 2

You gain 4 DNA off of it's flesh, and 2 DNA as your own die.
    I attack again, risking most of what's left of my population
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭
    HIVE NAME: Phayse
    TRAITS: Can insert a cyborg pathogen into an attacker, harvesting its reasources for the benefit of the Phayse
    OTHER Will attack if provoked. Starts off as a small gooey mass of flesh and mechanical parts.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

LIGHT

LIGHT:
    DNA: 8
    Population: 5 - 0

VS

???
    Health: 2 - 1

Managing to avoid any deadly lashes, you fight on and the beast is very close to death. It doesn't seem to care, as it keeps trying to bite into you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PHAYSE

Name: Phayse

Traits: Cyborgnetic - Mechanic Attachments allow it to more easily evolve. More DNA will be gained.

Research Log: This Evoling specimen was caught earlier than early, and was subjected to mechanical testings. Converted into a more mechanical version, it is quite an experiment and will be tested with the fully organic ones.
    Appearance: Odd bits of grey blobs, being partly metal.

I finish off the beast, absorbing it into my light.
    (As a side question, can we have multiple species, as long as we don't have them help out each other?)
    (Sorry, nope. It's a 1 life game, plan your risks carefully and be wary of other players. You CAN split your swarm, but that will just lead them to seperate areas. They'll all still take the same tax on BEHAVIOR and all evolve the same.)

LIGHT WINS
    The Beast, rapidly shaking and dying, manages to kill 3 of your population. However, the two remaining have an amazing feast! As they devour the creature they learn more of it...

+27 DNA. +5 Population. +1 Purrfish Kill.
    Purrfish Description: The Purrfish seems to be much akin to Piranhas, back on Earth. Ones sighted far from their pack are often easy kills, if not for their quick speed. Due to their pack instinct, they will never back down even if they're in a match to the death.

LIGHT:
    DNA: 35
    Population: 7

Hunger: 7/10

I explore around the pond, looking for more, smaller fish to feast on
    You find nothing. You seem to be in deeper waters now, you're still at the surface but you can't sense the bottom of the pool.
    I attempt to backtrack, and find a way out of the water.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭
    Search______For_______Prey____
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

LIGHT

You have a lack of sensing organs, and as such only end up heading in a direction that might be where you came from. You also find nothing along the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PHAYSE

You find a tiny bit of plantlife, but other than that you find very lit-
    Something's on the plant life. Do you engage?