Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Broken save file

Jax0KJax0K Member Posts: 5
I ascended and lost all my achievements after the game didn't open on firefox. I had just exported this save:

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%3D%21END%21

at the beginning of a new ascension but all my achievements are gone. I had 307 achievements with 4 shadow achievements.

For example on the save you can even see I had already got 11810 golden cookies before but it doesn't show up on the achievements list.
Tagged:

Comments

• KangSKKangSK Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Same thing had happened to me... But unfortunately I wasn't able to recover it.
    But Achievements is not a big deal, actually, and with your heavenly upgrades already on slot, easy to recover.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll recover soon.
  • Jax0KJax0K Member Posts: 5
    edited September 16
    This was the second time this had happened to me the first time I lost about 3 days of progress because I managed to export a save to get my prestige to end in 777777 (I kept missing it).
    (I don't know where this would be on google chrome.)
    During that I managed to find the broken save in
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3fx205d7.default-1471181622992\webappsstore.sqlite
    (I think this is where firefox keeps the browsing data)
    by opening it with:
    http://sqlitebrowser.org/ (looked up ".sqlite" on google)
    and then found in the browse data tab "CookieClickerGame" in the key column after which in the value column was the broken save code.

I managed to open it in google chrome but discovered all my achievements were gone so I decided to go with losing 3 days instead of trying to get all the achievements again.

I actually made this post to get to know what is wrong with this save file.

P.S. This is where I am now: