Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Powerful spellcasting?

I've really only been using Conjure Baked Goods in my grimoire, so I'm trying some others like Force the Hand of Fate and Stretch Time. But when I did this, it got me thinking about something that I want to clarify.
Although it would likely be very rare, isn't it technically possible to get a frenzy/building frenzy combo normally, then use Force the Hand of Fate to spawn a click frenzy? If this could be done, it would be a significant boost in cookies, right? Just wanted to know if this has ever been done before.

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    That's my entire modus operandi. (Even better is when you get it on Frenzy/Elder Frenzy.)
  • ChickenChronicles49ChickenChronicles49 Member Posts: 14
    Update: I managed to get the frenzy/building frenzy + click frenzy combo I mentioned a few times, but I just now got something at least 3 times better than that! I used the spell upon getting the usual frenzy/building frenzy, but it backfired into a wrath cookie. I knew I shouldn't click it, as it obviously tends to make you lose cookies, but then the unbelievable happened: it activated an elder frenzy! That triple frenzy helped an incredible amount!
    Hm, that sounds like a bug. (I've gotten Clots off of Promising Fate before.)
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's only an unlucky wrath, otherwise if it backfired, it'd be easy to avoid a negative effect. Which is why it's highly skewed towards being bad instead of always being bad.

I believe it's only an unlucky wrath, otherwise if it backfired, it'd be easy to avoid a negative effect. Which is why it's highly skewed towards being bad instead of always being bad.

True. I dug into the source code and found that, in fact, there is a small chance of getting Cursed Finger, Elder Frenzy, Sweet, or Blab off a Backfire.
  • MezmerroMezmerro Member Posts: 8
    edited September 13
    Because spells are seeded, it's entirely possible to map the FtHoF results on the alternative save and hunt for powerful epic game-breaking combos (burning lumps to re-fill mana). Have fun with that.
    And I just got a backfire, clicked it (because I dug into the code to know that it's potentially worthwhile), and got Cursed Finger on a Frenzy-Elder Frenzy.

23 seconds of clicking at 107226xCpS per click.