Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Instant Eldeer achievement

I fairly recently got the season switcher and set out to get all of the holiday achievements. I managed to get all in one run except Spooky Cookies and Eldeer (didn't feel like doing the Grandmapocalypse). After ascending and getting Spooky Cookies, I turned on Christmas and prepared for Eldeer. Thinking it would take me centuries, I was astonished to get an Elder Frenzy/Reindeer within the first 10 minutes of Christmas.
I just wanted to share this because I would assume that the conditions for Eldeer are considerably rare and I seem to have lucked out. Pretty cool!

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    Lucked out indeed. I've been playing CC for over a year and i have yet to get an Elder frenzy/Reindeer combination even once. Yesterday I almost had one - the reindeer appeared a split second too late.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    It should be possible to line up wrath cookies and reindeer to make this more likely. I think the timer for each golden cookie starts when the previous one is clicked, so you can delay them by leaving them onscreen for a bit.

This used to be one of the recommended strategies, probably in v.2 when Eldeer was twice as powerful (and also not an achievement). But v.2.002 nerfed Eldeer by reducing the yield of reindeer during an elder frenzy (as well as during a frenzy), and v.2.0034 made it more worthwhile to put golden cookies farther apart with some of the pantheon spirits, so lining up cookies and reindeer is less important now. But you can still do it.

The only thing that permanently makes lining them up harder is Starsnow. Ideally you want cookies a bit more often than reindeer so you can leave them up until the reindeer appear, but Starsnow makes reindeer appear a bit too often and you can't disable it. I guess Selebrak might help, I think it makes golden cookies appear more often in all seasons.
  • basketofpuppiesbasketofpuppies Moderator, Friendly, Helpful Posts: 2,296 Mod
    As long as you are running in wrath without anything else active you should have no trouble picking up Eldeer. I average 1 to 3 an hour of active hunting.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13

Lucked out indeed. I've been playing CC for over a year and i have yet to get an Elder frenzy/Reindeer combination even once. Yesterday I almost had one - the reindeer appeared a split second too late.

...and tonight the drought has broken - I got not one Eldeer but two! And I wasn't even particularly trying for it.