Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Can you Help Me With "Error : The Element Named "Undefined" and What it Means?

EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
I cant seam to find these Errors and can you explain what they are and where I can look in my code to find them?
Tagged:

Comments

• erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, it would have been at least a bit easier if you had linked to your pastebin file.
    At least the last error is because you don't have a building called GrandmasLibrary. I assume that what you mean is GrandmasBooks.
    For the undefined ones you could try removing stuff from your code until you see when the error doesn't pop up anymore. And then look over the faulty part again to see if you can find something wrong with the code like a command that you used incorrectly (like someone else did here). OR you could see if one of the mechanisms you put into the game doesn't work like you intended. And then look at the part that isn't working and try to find the error there.
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    edited September 5
    @erdbeere https://pastebin.com/B5qRz6Sy there is my pastebin and i will try to do that and could you take a look too? I have been trying but cant find it

Edit found the GrandmasLibrary and fixed that but still cant find the other ones
    You have some lines in the form of "unlocks at identifier". I think you want to use "unlocks with identifier" in these lines.

The problem is that there is no debugger for IGM and your code is already pretty extensive. As I see it that means that finding those errors is going to be pretty time consuming.
    edited September 6
    @erdbeere so change the unlocks that unlocks other things to "unlocks with Identifier"?

Edit: Say "With" and not "at"?
    If you want to unlock something when something else is unlocked, you have to use "unlocks with".
    edited September 7
    @erdbeere I'll fix that thank you :)
    Edit: I tried and I messed a few things up, but lucky I could fix them! I still don't know about the 12 identifiers; could you help more plz?
    Post edited by EricBolton1993 on