Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

My Game Isn't Working Anymore ?

trashtrash Member Posts: 7
For no apparent reason, my game just decided to stop working. It's been about a day and a half now, and I have no idea how to fix the issue.

I'm on a iMac, using safari as browser.

Anyone know how to fix the issue I'm facing? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4
    What exactly is your game doing? Will it not load, nothing works right, or you just not being able to do anything on it?
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• trashtrash Member Posts: 7
    It just says "oops cookie clicker takes too long to load, make sure java script is on ( it is for me) or maybe just reload in a few minutes"
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    edited September 9
    trash said:

It just says "oops cookie clicker takes too long to load, make sure java script is on ( it is for me) or maybe just reload in a few minutes"

Just do what it says. The problem could have many causes, but is almost certainly nothing to do with Cookie Clicker itself.

Possible causes:
    - Java script not enabled (but you say yours is enabled)
    - no internet connection (unlikely, or you wouldn't be able to even access the forum)
    - slow internet connection
    - other process on your computer accessing the internet as well, slowing down the CC data transfer
    - slow response at the Cookie Clicker server end

I get this message from time to time, and it always resolves itself eventually.
    its been like this for 8 days
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

trash said:

Just do what it says. The problem could have many causes, but is almost certainly nothing to do with Cookie Clicker itself.

Possible causes:
    - Java script not enabled (but you say yours is enabled)
    - no internet connection (unlikely, or you wouldn't be able to even access the forum)
    - slow internet connection
    - lots of other process trying to access the internet as well, slowing down the CC data transfer.

I get this message from time to time, and it always resolves itself eventually.
    trash said:

its been like this for 8 days

I assume you've tried reloading Cookie Clicker, or simply closing the browser altogether and restarting. What about shutting down the whole PC and restarting, in case there is some rogue process running and taking up bandwidth?

If those things don't help, I don't know what to suggest.
    I restart my pc 1-2 times a day