Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Critical Cookie Clicks

JaloopyManJaloopyMan Member Posts: 1
I've always enjoyed the game cookie clicker, so let me thank you for the awesome work you've done.

Anyway, my idea is relatively simple. Implement a mechanic, where each click has a certain chance to give more cookies than usual. I'd say start with a 5% chance for 5x cookies. Something small yet rewarding.

After the basic critical click, you can give upgrades that either increase the chance to get a critical, or upgrade the amount that the Critical click will reward. I have ideas on the intervals when the upgrades should show in retrospect to the cookies made/ being produced, but I'll leave those out for now.

I know that features like this have been used in other games so maybe call it something else besides "critical".
Perhaps something like "Bountiful Click" would be more appealing? Just suggesting it.

Best Wishes,
Reece F.

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭
    An interesting idea, but try not to make it too overpowered.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• NaBUru38NaBUru38 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 30
    I would prefer the critical click to depend on a visible event, for example a quick change in color shade or cookie size.

The critical window should be less than 1 second.
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but I think it should start out rarer.
    Like 0.1% at the start, and maybe 20% at max.
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.