Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Diminish Ineptitude + Gambler's Fever Dream not working properly?

KavorkaKavorka Member Posts: 3
I've done some testing by purchasing large amounts of Diminish Ineptitude, and then proceeding to use GFD...

So after you successfully use DI, all the spells have 2% chance of backfiring. But if you use GFD, that chance is doubled, so logically, the chance to backfire should be 4% per spell.

I'm fairly sure the chance just resets back to the original double chance to backfire, since I am getting a LOT of backfires (nowhere CLOSE to only 4%)

Comments

• KavorkaKavorka Member Posts: 3
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    From minigameGrimoire.js, it kind of looks like Gambler's Fever Dream actually just gives everything a 50% chance to backfire, rather than doubling the chance.

To have it double the chance instead, matching the description, "failChanceMax:0.5" should be replaced by "failChanceMult:2" in the castSpell line of Gambler's Fever Dream. I think.
  • KavorkaKavorka Member Posts: 3
    edited September 1
    I knew it! Now, how to go about letting the devs know about this horrible, horrible mistake?
    I guess post it in the bug reports forum, but this might be good enough.

"The probability is wrong" is kind of an odd bug, since you'd have to test it forever to know you're right. Maybe you're just unlucky. But the code kind of looks like GFD makes the fail chance at least 50%.

I think failChanceMax is a misnamed variable too, since the failChance ends up being either failChanceMax or the old failChance, whichever is higher. So it's a min not a max. (Unless I'm reading it wrong, of course.)
    And minigameGrimoire.js doesn't have the same comment that's at the top of main.js: "Code contained herein is not guaranteed to be good, consistent, or sane. Most of this is years old at this point and harkens back to simpler, cruder times." So there's no excuse for this sloppy code! We should expect better!