Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

When should I acsend?

EllieTheCookieEllieTheCookie Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
How many cookies do I need to acsend and get a heavenly chip? Just one tho

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    You don't get heavenly chips from ascending, you earn them then you can spend them when you ascend. You need to wait until you have between 110-150 heavenly chips before you ascend so you can buy legacy, permanant upgrade slot 1, how to bake your dragon plus whatever else you can afford. I waited too long, I had 880 chips the first time I ascended and it is better to do it sooner.

• FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I think you need 1 million cookies to get one chip? I know people say to wait until you have 150, but there's a type of currency that only appears once you've ascended once. Ascending only counts of you've earned at least one chip before you ascend.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    I think the first chip is at one trillion cookies, but I might be wrong. It is more that one million, for sure.

My advice is to ascend for the first time when you have a couple of HC (less than 10 is ok for the first). Then you will notice the available special upgrades and you will think about your further ascensions.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30
    You do need 1 trillion cookies for 1 heavenly chip. Though that number does increase every time you bake the amount needed for each HC

At least get 1 so you can get the Heavenly Upgrade "Legacy", which unlocks the prestige system, which gives a CPS boost depending on how many HCs you have collected all-time.
    {ex. 35 HC= +35% multiplier}

If you keep going, you will be able to purchase different HUs as you gain more HCs such as Season Switcher, Permanent Upgrade Slots, etc.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

There is no benefit to ascending with only one HC, since that won't affect CPS when you reset. It will take longer to then earn the next HC and so on before you can buy the upgrades than it would if you waited to ascend, since you need to get back to 1x10^12 before you start earning more and it will take all that time again.

There is no benefit to ascending with only one HC, since that won't affect CPS when you reset. It will take longer to then earn the next HC and so on before you can buy the upgrades than it would if you waited to ascend, since you need to get back to 1x10^12 before you start earning more and it will take all that time again.

Actually, you can get "Legacy" for 1 HC, and it unlocks the prestige system. But you are right, it would only give you a 1% CpS boost.

• EllieTheCookieEllieTheCookie Member Posts: 80 ✭✭

You do need 1 trillion cookies for 1 heavenly chip. Though that number does increase every time you bake the amount needed for each HC

At least get 1 so you can get the Heavenly Upgrade "Legacy", which unlocks the prestige system, which gives a CPS boost depending on how many HCs you have collected all-time.
    {ex. 35 HC= +35% multiplier}

If you keep going, you will be able to purchase different HUs as you gain more HCs such as Season Switcher, Permanent Upgrade Slots, etc.

Whats HC? im pretty new to cookie clicker..
    my friend gifted me this acc..

Actually, you can get "Legacy" for 1 HC, and it unlocks the prestige system. But you are right, it would only give you a 1% CpS boost.
    whats HC?
    HC= Heavenly Chip

HC= Heavenly Chip

thank you.

So from what i understand you get a heavenly chip when you get a trillion cookies..

And if i were to acsend with only one HC ill only get something called ''legacy'' and only 1CpS..
    So I shouldn't acsend with only one HC...?

Please tell me if i got something wrong!

Thanks in advance..!
    Yeah you need to wait longer because your prestige boosts your CPS when you start playing again. Plus the upgrades you spend the HCs on give you upgrades and boosts in the game.

Legacy allows you to gain a CpS boost for whatever total amount of HCs you have gotten overall.

Just get up to over 30 and you should be able to get a few Heavenly Upgrades, along with a dedcent boost for future playthroughs.

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    It's good to wait for 101 at least
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Thank you all..!
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11
    Billabo said:

It's good to wait for 101 at least

... the reason being that after ascending you need to buy Legacy before anything else is unlocked, and that costs one HC. Then the best thing to acquire next is a Permanent Upgrade Slot, which costs 100 HC. Putting the right thing into the PU slot will massively increase your CpS on the second run and subsequent runs, so really if you don't ascend at this point you sacrifice a lot of time.

Since the discussion about prestige points vs heavenly chips seems to confuse some people, this might help:

- Current prestige depends on the total number of cookies baked in earlier runs. It is proportional to the cube root of the number of cookies.
    - Production on this run is boosted by 1% for each prestige point.
    - The prestige counter next to the word "Legacy" shows how many additional prestige points you will have if you ascend at this moment.
    - One prestige point confers one HC. So the number of HCs you have at any time is equal to the total prestige, minus the number of HCs you have already spent on Heavenly Upgrades.
  • Kirby711Kirby711 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    On your first PU slot, place your strongest fingers upgrade. Is very, very, very op.