Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Wrinklers

sederusederu Member Posts: 16
I just got some wrinklers after the last upgrade I just got. Should I keep them, end the grandma thing? What benefits of keeping them and not?
Tagged:

Comments

• FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Wrinklers consume your cookies, thus making you produce slower, but they give back slightly more than they take (1.1 times more) .

Along with that, the 'grandma thing' turns Golden Cookies into Wrath Cookies (the more science upgrades you have, the higher chance of Wrath's appearing instead of Golden. If you buy One Mind, you will only get Wrath). Wrath Cookies have some really good buffs (666 times production is crazy good), and some bad (halving your production).

You have two options when it comes to ending this. There are two upgrades, one temporarily ends it, and one stops it forever at the cost of 5% of your CPS. I recommend that you keep the Wrinkers; at least until you get the achivment for killing 200 (note, it only counts if it reaches the cookies; if you kill it before it does so, it wont count to Wrinklers popped. For active play, it's better to simply continuously tempirarilly stop the Grandmas, the -5% cps isn't worth it.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Faeitty said:

Along with that, the 'grandma thing' turns Golden Cookies into Wrath Cookies (the more science upgrades you have, the higher chance of Wrath's appearing instead of Golden. If you buy One Mind, you will only get Wrath). Wrath Cookies have some really good buffs (666 times production is crazy good), and some bad (halving your production).

You have two options when it comes to ending this. There are two upgrades, one temporarily ends it, and one stops it forever at the cost of 5% of your CPS. I recommend that you keep the Wrinkers; at least until you get the achivment for killing 200 (note, it only counts if it reaches the cookies; if you kill it before it does so, it wont count to Wrinklers popped. For active play, it's better to simply continuously tempirarilly stop the Grandmas, the -5% cps isn't worth it.

1. You don't get Wrath Cookies (except via Force the Hand of Fate) until you've bought One Mind. Once you do, you get a Wrath Cookie when you would instead have gotten a Golden Cookie 1/3 of the time. (With Communal Brainsweep, it's 2/3; with Elder Pact, you only ever get Wrath Cookies.)

2. Elder Pledge and Elder Covenant are switches, not upgrades (relevant for achievements related to buying upgrades).

3. There's also achievements for buying the Elder Pledge once and 5 times, and buying the Elder Covenant once. (You can shortcut all this by:

Buying the Pledge, then the Covenant, then Revoking the Covenant, which lets you buy the Pledge again. So you don't have to wait for the Pledge timer to count down to zero.

That's how I do it.)

4. There is a third way to end the Grandmapocalypse: selling all your Grandmas. But this typically isn't worth it, unless you're of the view that you should do so during a Godzamok-fueled Click Frenzy/Dragonflight, or at the end of your run when you're selling everything to get a huge bank for the Chocolate egg.
  • FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    dpareja said:

1. You don't get Wrath Cookies (except via Force the Hand of Fate) until you've bought One Mind. Once you do, you get a Wrath Cookie when you would instead have gotten a Golden Cookie 1/3 of the time. (With Communal Brainsweep, it's 2/3; with Elder Pact, you only ever get Wrath Cookies.)

Ah, yeah you're right. I mixed the names up, sorry.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    Faeitty said:

Wrinklers consume your cookies, thus making you produce slower, but they give back slightly more than they take (1.1 times more) .

Wrinklers don't just give back slightly more, they give back a LOT more. Each wrinkler gives back 1.1 times the amount consumed by ALL wrinklers during its lifetime. If you do the maths, this means that 10 wrinklers increase production by a factor of 6; 12 wrinklers increase it by something like 8.3. The figures are even higher if you have certain upgrades (I forget the names) which increase the boost over and above the original 1.1.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited August 30
    Wrinklerspawn (rare Easter egg) and Sacrilegious corruption (heavenly upgrade). Each boosts the amount a Wrinkler gives back by 5%. In total, with 12 wrinklers, you get a boost of 9.1318 (assuming no Shiny wrinklers, of course).