Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Selebrak and Valentine's Day

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
edited August 26 in General Discussion
The tooltip for Selebrak says simply "Some seasonal effects are boosted", which is very vague.

The Wikia however seems to have been updated, and gives the effect of Selebrak according to the various seasons. The interesting thing about Valentine's Day is that this seems to be the only one where the beneficial effect of Selebrak (heart cookies more powerful) persists even when Valentine's is not current. that is, heart cookies acquired while Selebrak is slotted give a bigger CpS boost that otherwise, and this boost persists even after Valentine's is terminated. At least that's what the Wikia seems to imply, and that is borne out by my game. I had been trying to track down why this particular run was producing about 7% more cookies than I was calculating, and I think it's because I had Selebrak slotted while in Valentine's season.

It's not a massive boost - but still, a few % is not to be sneezed at, so the message is that if you have worship swaps to spare it may be worth putting Selebrak in a slot before purchasing any heart cookies.
Post edited by bob_32_116 on

Comments

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    This would be pretty interesting if you're right. The other possibility is that heart cookies are more powerful whenever Selebrak is slotted, regardless of whether it was slotted when you bought the heart cookies.

It's hard to tell from the code. The thing to look for is Game.HasGod('seasons'). One thing that checks it is heartPower but I'm not sure when that gets called.

But the heart cookies seem to be the only effect it has on CpS. And I tried unslotting and slotting Selebrak in jade and I got a difference of around 1.7%. (This was after having bought the valentine cookies a while ago, probably without Selebrak.)

So it seems like the heartPower is probably checked all the time, rather than just when you buy heart cookies, and Selebrak only has an effect when it's slotted.