Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Evolution 3.0! Steel your species against the impending VIRUS ATTACK!

MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
edited September 15 in Playground

Credit

This game is based of an idea from Diesel0307, which was based of an idea from Developous2, but the original is really old, and Diesels was cancelled. Note that a fair bit of the game introduction is copy-pasted from Diesel's game, so credit to him for that.

Intro

Evolution is a game where your main focus is to make a species that can achieve certain goals. Your species starts off as a single-cell organism, that lives in a giant ocean. Every other player on the planet is in the same ocean as you, and there is a chance two, or more, players will run into each other.

You start by naming your species, explaining what types of food it eats (right now you can eat most things in the ocean, like minerals and proteins, but over time when you evolve you need to choose the path of carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore), and describing what it looks like

How to play

You play the game by doing actions and collecting points called “Evos”. Actions are just things like “I look around for food”, “I try to produce more cells”, or “I split up my cells to help find more food”. Evos are also what you use to evolve your species, but sometimes you can evolve if I think you did a good enough task.

The ways you evolve determine your future, you can evolve to have a saliva-like substance, or to have flagella, or something like that. You can also evolve to become something like a virus or bacteria, that enters other species and tries to destroy them.

So, this is your task as players. Your goal is to conquer, populate, and control the planet. You will eventually evolve to live on land. When two or more players do this, you try to do this cooperatively, or you can work against each other and take the planet for yourself! But right now, your species is only a very small group of cells. If this species finds a different species, YOU choose your fate. The planet is in your hands…

Evolving

Here is what you need to evolve:
50 Evos: Tiny Evolution
100 Evos: Small Evolution
200 Evos: Normal Evolution
500 Evos: Good Evolution
750 Evos: Big Evolution
1000 Evos: Major Evolution
2000 Evos: Huge Evolution
5000 Evos: Special Evolution
(More to be added?)
You can also have a Tiny evolution if I've done five updates, and you have been active but haven't gained enough Evos for an evolution.

What an evolution can do:
Tiny: Turn bumps into tentacles, or tentacles into arms.
Small: Go straight from nothing into arms.
Normal: Same strength as small, but can be stat affecting.
Good: Add a stomach or heart.
Big: Add a digestive system or eyes/ears/nose.
Major: Ultraviolet/infrared sight, bloodhound nose, etc.
Huge: Pretty much whatever you want, some limitations still though.
Special: Anything, including stuff that doesn't seem physically possible.

Small and Tiny evolutions can't directly effect stats, but all other evolution types can. For Major, Huge, and Special evolutions, I may ask for a more depth explanation of the new features before the evolution can be applied. For special evolutions, I may open a PM and really flesh out what you want to happen.

How to begin

An example of when you start could look like this:
Species name: Moorile
Diet: Any minerals, and free-floating cytoplasm from other cells
Details: Redish hue, kind of spherical, with many bumps

Note that nothing in your description is game affecting, rather it only determines what you starting trait is.

Combat

Every update you are engaged with an enemy, I will randomly get a value for your attack that lies somewhere within your attack values, and that number minus your opponents defence is how much damage you deal. A negative value does no damage. Your opponent follows the same steps.

Stats

After you have started, I will tell you your stats. Different stats:
Evos: Previously explained. The most important stat. Starts at 0
Population: How many of your species there are. When you battle, you might lose some. Starts at 2
Size: How large your species is. Starts at Microscopic
Attack: Previously explained. A range, rather than a value. (example: 1-10, rather than 77) Starts at 1-2
Defence: Previously explained. Starts at 0
Traits: Stuff like "Can see in the dark" or "Very fast metabolism". Start with one, decided by me.

Wrap up

I will post your stats every time you do an evolution, aside from Evos and Pop, which I will post every update. I will also post events other game effecting items each update.
e^i*π=-1
Post edited by MrMonkey7th on

Comments

• SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Species name: DoogleboogleOoogle
    Diet: Hopes and Dreams and Plants
    Details: Fluffy, and murderous
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21
    Name: Xoron
    Diet: anything that can be compressed to energy.
    Details: a ball with an eye, has two bulges below the head and one above, another one at the back, too, have a blue color and may shift from blue to slightly lighter blue. They eat by absorbing matter using their bottom bulges
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    @Sirfish Accepted! (Accept for the eats hopes and dreams part)

Evos: 0
    Population: 2
    Size: Microscopic
    Attack: 1-2
    Defence: 0
    Traits: Surprise attack (x2 damage in first round of combat)

What is your first action?
    -----
    @Brainstorm Accepted!

Evos: 0
    Population: 2
    Attack: 1-2
    Traits: Camouflage (When you encounter a new enemy, they cannot see unless you want them to for the first update you are around them)

What is your first action?
    e^i*π=-1
    My little doods go and begin eating hopes from a nearby species
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
    @Sirfish

You really want this hopes and dreams thing? Okay. You manage to find some plankton and snack on their thoughts. You eat up and get 12 Evos, and increase your population by 1.

Evos: 12
    Population: 3
    e^i*π=-1

@Sirfish

You really want this hopes and dreams thing? Okay. You manage to find some plankton and snack on their thoughts. You eat up and get 12 Evos, and increase your population by 1.

Evos: 12

yes

I hunt even more!
    @Sirfish

You eat more plankton and see a deposit of quartz in the distance. If you go after the quartz you will not gain any Evos or population next turn, but the the quartz may have large rewards. From eating plankton this turn you get 14 Evos and 1 Population.

Evos: 28
    Population 4
    e^i*π=-1
    Fuckin go after that quartz like a new born baby
    @Sirfish

You are now at the quartz. What do you want to do with it?

Evos: 28
    Population 4
    e^i*π=-1
    I eat it
    @Sirfish

You eat it and get a huge boost! You gain 43 Evos, 2 population and Attack is now 1-3

Evos: 71
    Population: 6
    Attack: 1-3
    e^i*π=-1
    I do a tiny evolution
    @Sirfish

A fantastic idea! What would you like to evolve? Start growing little arms? Grow tiny fins to move faster? Simply increase your size? Something else? You can decide!

Evos: 21
    e^i*π=-1
    I evolve little pokey bits I can shoot out to catch prey
    That's pushing it for just a tiny evolution, but okay. Meanwhile, you have gained 2 population! Some distance away, you see more quartz, but this time it is even farther away, and it doesn't look as big a deposit. You also see a small group of similarly sized creatures, focused mostly on eating something that is currently hidden from view.

Population: 8
    Description: Murderous, skewers all around the body.
    e^i*π=-1
    I have my 8 guys CHARGE! KILL THEM ALL! NO SURVIVORS!
    I'll go higher up into the water and look for stuff to eat

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    @Sirfish

You attack! Because of your trait, you do double damage on the first round, and the enemy is too distracted eating to form a counter attack this round. You do 3 damage. 3x2=6

You
    Population: 8

Them
    Population: 18-6=12
    Attack: 0-3
    -----
    @Brainstorm

You look around for things to consume, but don't find anything of interest, aside from basic minerals. Wait a second... You do see something, far above you, floating at the surface. From eating the basic materials, you get 14 Evos and 1 Population.

Evos: 14
    e^i*π=-1
    I have my guys charge around. Trying to stab them all with the spikes
    @Sirfish

You do so, +1 damage. You do 1 damage. 1+1=2. They do 2 damage.

You
    Population: 8-2=6

Them
    Population: 12-2=10
    e^i*π=-1
    Maybe I got in a bit too deep.
    I have my guys run away in two directions. But staying in sight
    @Sirfish

If you say so, but I think you could have won that battle. The rest of them just continue eating, not bothering to pursue you.

e^i*π=-1
    Not to be bothered so you think. BUT

SNEAK PINCER ATTACK FROM BOTH SIDES. CHAAARGE!
    @Sirfish

It catches them completely off guard! No extra damage from your trait because you have already battled these guys before, but you get double damage anyways for the fancy maneuver. You 1 damage. 1x2=2. They attack for 2 damage.

You
    Population: 6-2=4

Them
    Population: 10-2=8
    e^i*π=-1
    Oh boy that didn't go as well as I was expecting. MORE DEATH! MORE BLOOD! CONSUME THEIR HOPES. EAT THEIR CHILDREN!
    I'll search more beneath the direct surface for stuff to feed on

@Sirfish

That seems unnecessarily violent, but it does work. +2 damage. 3+2=5 damage to them. They run away. You can now see what they were eating was the carcass of a tiny fish. It does look slightly rotted though...

You
    Population: 4-2=2 Gettin' sketchy...
    -----
    @Brainstorm

You don't see anything aside from the mystery item described before, which you still can't identify, and basic minerals. I'll assume you keep eating minerals. Evos goes up by 17, and population goes up by 1.

Evos: 31
    Population: 4
    e^i*π=-1
    Eat the fish! Eat their bodies! EAT EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE EATEN IN THE GENERAL AREA
    @Sirfish

Your species eats the entire fish, however, all but 2 of the dead bodies have already floated down to the bottom of the ocean. You gain 77 Evos from the fish, and 1 Population from the bodies. However, the fish also gives you a virus, which makes it impossible for your population to go up at all until you find a cure or the virus runs its course. Alternatively, you can use a Tiny Evolution to cure it.

Evos: 98
    Population: 3 VIRUS
    e^i*π=-1
    go after that quartz from before