Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I don't care about cookies any more

ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
I'm set for life.

Now this transitions to even more of an idle game. If I want to get the rest of the achievements, it's all about sugar lumps, so the strategy changes substantially. Slot Rigidel in diamond and wait.

Actually, I still need a few more cookies to get the last heavenly upgrade which makes sugar lumps coalesce a bit faster. One duodecillion cookies forfeited by ascending corresponds to a prestige level of one billion, but the other heavenly upgrades cost several hundred million heavenly chips, so it takes a bit longer to be able to afford the last one.

But the means and the end have changed. The goal has always been about cookies: make the number bigger. The achievements keep it interesting and give a few other goals, but it always seemed like the last achievement you'd get—like the first—would be for baking a number of cookies. When sugar lumps were introduced it seemed like their point was to help produce cookies faster. But if the goal is to get all the achievements, sugar lumps become the end rather than the means.

Also, I guess by this point I shouldn't be surprised by near-exponential growth, but after over a year, the majority of my total cookies (over a duodecillion) were made during two click frenzies in the last couple days.

Anyway, this is from the perspective of someone who was almost finished when this update came out. Maybe if you're starting now, the sugar lumps will happen at the same time as everything else over the coming year or so.

Comments

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Hmm. Deep your understanding now is.

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I think there's finally a use for Elder Covenant now, beyond the two main uses which are to get the achievement for it and to end an Elder Pledge.
    (Before v2, there was a third use. I think the advice was to use Elder Covenant if Elder Pledge cost more than a minute and a half of production, since the 5% loss would be better than buying Elder Pledge every half hour. But then the bingo centre got way more expensive and now Elder Pledge is always better.)

Anyway: If you only care about sugar lumps and not cookies, and you've already had a meaty sugar lump, remove the possibility of meaty lumps to make golden and bifurcated ones more likely.