Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Bug with "Conjure Baked Goods"

The_Cookie_GodThe_Cookie_God Posts: 438Member ✭✭
So, I know this is kind of cheating, but I bought Conjure Baked Goods, and when I got the negative effect, I reloaded to not get the negative effect. I pressed it again, and, what do you know, I got the bad effect again. Then again. And again. And again. Maybe there's something I missed, otherwise that seems like a pretty big bug.
I'm not beginning to feel like a cookie god. I've always felt like one, because I AM one.
Tagged:

Comments

• dparejadpareja Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    Nope, that's deliberate. The sequence of successes and failures is fixed by a seed. (I think the seed is chosen each time you ascend...?)

Refreshing won't change that. There is a hack made by some folks here that will allow you to change that seed (and see which casts will succeed and which will backfire), but apart from that, I think the only way to change a failure to a success (or vice versa) is to ascend (which sort of defeats the purpose).
  • The_Cookie_GodThe_Cookie_God Posts: 438Member ✭✭
    dpareja said:

Nope, that's deliberate. The sequence of successes and failures is fixed by a seed. (I think the seed is chosen each time you ascend...?)

Refreshing won't change that. There is a hack made by some folks here that will allow you to change that seed (and see which casts will succeed and which will backfire), but apart from that, I think the only way to change a failure to a success (or vice versa) is to ascend (which sort of defeats the purpose).

Ah, okay, thanks!
    I'm not beginning to feel like a cookie god. I've always felt like one, because I AM one.