Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Pausing while minimized?

dddaaannndddaaannn Posts: 1Member
I have occasionally noticed the game pausing instead of running in the background after minimizing the browser window. I'm unable to reproduce this consistently, though it happened just now. I don't believe my computer is sleeping the OS when this happens (it wasn't this most recent time). Chrome 60.0.3112.90, Mac OS X 10.12.6. Is this a known issue or expected behavior under certain circumstances?

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 605Member ✭✭✭
    Is "Defocus" set to ON? (Last item on the Options screen.)

If so, I suspect that it's normal behaviour and that the game itself is not pausing, only the resource-intensive display actions are pausing. That is, production is continuing at the normal rate. You could check this by, say, minimising the window for a certain time, noting how much production happened in that time and calculating whether this is consistent with your CpS.

On my system, if i set defocus on, when CC is not the foreground window the display becomes jerky, as though it's being "paused" for about one second at a time. Clearly what's happening is that the game is running happily as normal but the display is only being redrawn about once per second.

If your defocus setting is OFF and you're still seeing this behaviour, I don't know what to suggest. Maybe your OS is implementing its own defocus behaviour, overriding the setting in CC. Either way I doubt it's affecting the number of cookies produced.