Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Dragon's Fortune not effected by Cookie Storm

CSGJCSGJ Member Posts: 2
The Dragon's Fortune aura is supposed to increase your CPS by 111% "per golden cookie on-screen". However when Cookie Storm is happening my CPS is stable, not increasing or decreasing.
Tagged:

Comments

• CSGJCSGJ Member Posts: 2
    It is worth noting I have no 3rd party add-ons installed
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure it's intentional, mate.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be broken if Dragon's Fortune was affected by Cookie Storms. Remember that they don't count as golden cookie clicks for the purposes of your all-time GCs clicked. (Though, thankfully, they do drop Easter Eggs, making those a lot easier to get now.)
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭
    Well, Golden Cookies in a cookie storm don't technically count as golden cookies, as if you click them, they don't add to your total amount of GC's clicked all time.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god it's not affected by cookie storms, otherwise we may have to rethink the meta
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

Thank god it's not affected by cookie storms, otherwise we may have to rethink the meta

It would be pretty game breaking.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• StarcrashStarcrash Member Posts: 1
    "It would be pretty game breaking." So? Dragon's Fortune is, by design, a gamble. Most of the time it doesn't pay off -- it's merely a Radiant Appetite that only lasts as long as a golden cookie is on-screen. But Cookie Storm ought to be a payoff, at least for one cookie if not for the whole storm of them.

My suggestion is that if Orteil thought that a Cookie Storm pays off too well, then the percent for each golden cookie should be decreased. But I think it's actually a bug, rightly noted in this forum. Neither the update notes nor the aura's description mention anything about a cookie storm being the exception to this rule, so one should be playing with the expectation that this trick will work regardless.