Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Live version 2.0042

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
edited August 8 in General Discussion
So now we have the new upgrade ported to the live game! :)

And two new synergies:
- Gemmed Talismans(Mines/Chancemakers)
- Charm Quarks (Antimatter Condensers/Chancemakers)

But no Blind Luck?

Comments

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    This reduces CpS to less than half what it was in the beta. And we'll have to work out the optimal building distribution again.

The synergies are maybe a bit more balanced, but now there are two with chancemakers, five with mines, five with antimatter condensers and four with everything else. I guess this could be changed by detaching, say, Fossil fuels and God particle, and replacing them with synergies with chancemakers, but I don't know if that would ruin the pacing or something.
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Member, Flagger Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chancemaker Aura got a MASSIVE buff:

"+111% CpS per Golden Cookie on-screen, multiplicative."

Well, looks like FTHOF is the way to go now.
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited August 8

This reduces CpS to less than half what it was in the beta. And we'll have to work out the optimal building distribution again.

Already on it. Here's what I've got so far (in order from from Cursors to Chancemakers):

520, 599, 556, 553, 537, 520, 502, 472, 448, 442, 414, 395, 386, 354, 350.

CpS is a little under half what I had in the beta. I ascended shortly after transferring my save to the live game (adding about 50% to my prestige), but I have not yet obtained the Halloween cookies, nor have I bought the Century Egg. I'm in One Mind/Exotic Nuts.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited August 8

I'd still think carefully before installing Dragon's Fortune in place of Breath of Milk.

With the milk and kittens I have, BOM is currently giving me about a 40% boost. That boost applies all the time. Dragon Fortune gives 111% but only while a Golden Cookie is on the screen. A Cookie Storm would give you a pretty big boost in conjunction with Dragon Fortune, so much so that it might be worth leaving the cookies to survive instead of clicking on them (someone needs to do the maths), but again the boost is only while the cookies are on the screen. On balance, I'd be surprised if it was superior to BOM, and of course for passive play it would give no benefit at all.

• SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I've seen "You click has been registered. Thank you for your cooperation" on clicking on a golden cookie. I smiled :)
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    edited August 8
    Right, for what it's worth I've just played two live versions in parallel for the past half hour (I know, not a huge amount of time). One screen was running Radiant Appetite, the other Dragon's Fortune. Active play. No cookie storms occurred but there was a bit of activity on both.

Final result: cookies earned pretty much the same, including inside Wrinklers. But, bearing in mind the immense loss to switch from RA to DF (a Chancemaker worth c.30 Non), it would hours, even days, of actively play to make up that loss.

So I ain't running it again.

[Edit: However, what is interesting is that for the past 60 hours I've engaged in roughly 6 hours of active play, but that has accounted for just over 20% of total cookies this ascension. Active play is fun, but I don't think my elbow tendons could hold out for much more than an hour or so per day.]
    Post edited by JezDavis on
    Dragon's Fortune doesn't count the cookie storm drops. But I bet it does increase the output from Lucky!, since there was a golden cookie on screen when it was clicked.
    I'm surprised no one's pointed out that the biggest, most game-breaking bug in the game has been fixed: Kitten Angels are now Purrchased!
  • wolfeheartwolfeheart Member Posts: 1
    I just got the update. Before the update I was getting 800 septillion cps. After the update I got just all available updates and dumped all my available cash into the new building. I reaching 4 octillion cps.
    dpareja said:

I'm surprised no one's pointed out that the biggest, most game-breaking bug in the game has been fixed: Kitten Angels are now Purrchased!

More important is the fact that the spelling of "chimera" has been corrected. That was really annoying the crap out of me.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Jez said:

Right, for what it's worth I've just played two live versions in parallel for the past half hour (I know, not a huge amount of time). One screen was running Radiant Appetite, the other Dragon's Fortune. Active play. No cookie storms occurred but there was a bit of activity on both.

Interesting. What do you mean exactly by "active play"? Clicking on (most) golden cookies? In that particular case, waiting until the last 5 seconds to click on them? Using Force the Hand Of Fate?

Thanks for your test anyway :).
    Sekhmet said:

Interesting. What do you mean exactly by "active play"? Clicking on (most) golden cookies? In that particular case, waiting until the last 5 seconds to click on them?

Yup, exactly that.

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

dpareja said:

More important is the fact that the spelling of "chimera" has been corrected. That was really annoying the crap out of me.
    how was it spelled before?

dpareja said:

"Chimaera".

edited August 9

dpareja said:

"Chimaera".

That's not technically wrong...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

^ Gotta love a monphthong.
    Jez said:

^ Gotta love a monphthong.

If you say so. I couldn't care less about what underwear you prefer. :D
  • DrathukDrathuk Member Posts: 8
    edited August 9
    So more cps is a good thing, but oddly not as satisfying

I know I will adjust and enjoy the new update, but my cps went from 6 octillion to 2 nonillion in a day. I will probably ascend tonight in order to purchase the new 100 million HC upgrade. This will push me near 2.6 non. If I go back to the first update I was at 1 oct. This massive cps increase has allowed me to blow through 300 prisms, 100 dec, and 10 undec (once I do a run longer than a week). Yeah I know we got a bunch of new achievements but I'm not sure I'm excited about collecting sugar lumps.

Oddly mixed about the update, and can't really explain why sufficiently.
  • Matt258Matt258 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited August 9
    Ah well Happy 4th Birthday Cookie Clicker! Woah Chancemakers really improved CpS! Any new Mini-games? So those boosts don't work offline/closed?
    Boosts are no longer taken into account for production while the game is closed (first implemented in the 2.004 beta).

As for the boost to CpS... it's a huge bump over 2.0034, but a come-down from the 2.004x beta. Changing the Chancemaker synergy/synergies from Prisms to Mines and Antimatter condensers has left my production at about 60% of what it was in the beta, and that's with an ascension that gave me about a 50% bump to prestige (and I've got 5 more buildings in the 2.0042 live than I had when I stopped the 2.0041 beta).

No new mini-games as yet, but Godzamok got a nerf and the Grimoire spell cost system changed (both of which were also in the 2.004 beta).
  • Qwerty_123Qwerty_123 Member Posts: 2

A Cookie Storm would give you a pretty big boost in conjunction with Dragon Fortune, so much so that it might be worth leaving the cookies to survive instead of clicking on them

Cookie Storm dosen't apply to Dragons Fortune :/
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Member, Flagger Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it seems like the +111% boost does NOT affect Luckies.
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • jackthecookiejackthecookie Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    game really requires big display since until today I didn't know there was new building due not enuf cookies to buy more prisms so no reason to scroll down there but now I have 250 of that new building (and achievements it gave which'll take a while to find out). Last kitten I can't buy until after 2 or 3 rests (if I'd reset now I'd almost double my HCs).
    edited August 11
    This is what I calculate the optimum distribution with 350 chancemakers to be, after taking into account the two new synergies and removing Blind Luck:

No. Producer
    563 Cursor
    533 Grandma
    550 Farm
    547 Mine
    530 Factory
    514 Bank
    495 Temple
    477 Wizard tower
    461 Shipment
    441 Alchemy lab
    413 Portal
    396 Time machine
    390 Antimatter Condenser
    376 Prism
    350 Chancemaker

Not a massive difference from what I found for the beta game, the main difference being that Antimatter Condensers overtake Prisms, the latter being no longer so insanely overpowered. The numbers decrease fairly smoothly now reading down the list, with the exception of Grandmas, suggesting that the synergies are now better balanced. Note that Mines are not far behind Farms, probably due to the effect of Mines in boosting the production from Chancemakers.
    edited August 11
    Bearing in mind there's very little effort required to achieve the 600 Cursors, is the extra 1% perhaps worth it?

[Edit: Just did it. No, it's not worth it.]
    Post edited by JezDavis on
    Hunh, that's very different from what I have (from actual play). In order from Cursors to Chancemakers: 538, 618, 575, 572, 556, 539, 521, 491, 467, 461, 433, 414, 405, 373, 369. (Spirits: Godzamok-Selebrak-empty*, Krumblor: Radiant Appetite/Breath of Milk, Grandmapocalypse: One Mind/Exotic Nuts.)

Remember that buying a Cursor only adds however much CpS that Cursor produces, while buying a Grandma adds not only that, but also adds to every other building, and itself, multiplied by the amount of that building you have. Same with synergies.

I only have as many Cursors as I do because they're so cheap--my next Grandma costs about a million times as much as my next Cursor (and similarly will add about a million times as much to my CpS).

*I keep my Jade slot empty, because there's no other spirit I really want to put in there, and so initially it cuts down on the time to recharge my swaps to full from 21 hours to 5 (very handy for putting in Skruula when I go to pop wrinklers for Easter eggs and Halloween cookies). I'd put in Rigidel if I were sitting on a building total where he's live, but since right now I've got 7,332, I can't be bothered.
  • mikehendimikehendi Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    According to my spreadsheet (which 100% matches and predicts the the first 6 digits (as many as I can see) from both general multiplier and cps, this should be the ideal distribution @ 350 chancemakers (at which point buying one of all buildings costs >100 undecillion)

In one mind/exotic nuts, radiant appetite + breath of milk, only godzamok slotted:

350 chancemaker
    359 prism
    385 antimatter condenser
    387 time machine
    393 portal
    405 alchemy lab
    435 shipment
    461 wizard tower
    495 temple
    510 bank
    526 factory
    542 mine
    545 farm
    582 grandma
    561 cursor

Bob, did you take the bonus from the 14 grandma types into account, for both the grandma's and the buildings? Especially for the grandma's, the addition which a grandma gives to the other buildings is ~99,98% of the grandma's 'buy value' (the other 0,02% being divided as ~80% cursor bonus (from x-illion fingers) and 20% self cps). This would explain why you have 50 grandma's less, if I ignore the gain from the grandma types I'd also end up with ~50 grandma's less.
    mikehendi said:

Bob, did you take the bonus from the 14 grandma types into account, for both the grandma's and the buildings? Especially for the grandma's, the addition which a grandma gives to the other buildings is ~99,98% of the grandma's 'buy value' (the other 0,02% being divided as ~80% cursor bonus (from x-illion fingers) and 20% self cps). This would explain why you have 50 grandma's less, if I ignore the gain from the grandma types I'd also end up with ~50 grandma's less.

Yes I did. But I do intend to check my formulae again, since there are several people saying I should have more grandmas, as well as a couple of people whose grandmas tally pretty well with mine.

The contribution made by grandmas to other buildings is certainly significant, but I don't think it would match the effect of other synergies. For example the grandmas contribute only 1% per 11 grandmas to the CpS of the AC's, which are the most productive building. That's a lot smaller than the 5% contributed by mines.
  • mikehendimikehendi Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    The AC's contribute 5% to the mines, the mines contribute only 0,1% to the AC's, which is comparable to the grandma's 1% per 11 contribution. But the grandma's ALSO contribute ~0,1% to about every significant building.
    Cursors contribute to 0 other buildings and benefit from all the others together
    Grandmas contribute to 13 other buildings and themselves and benefit from 1 and themselves
    Farms contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Mines contribute to 4 other buildings, one of them twice, and benefit from 5, one of them twice
    Factories contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Banks contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Temples contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Wizard towers contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Shipments contribute to 3 other buildings, one of them twice, and benefit from 4, one of them twice
    Alchemy labs contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Portals contribute to 5 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Time machines contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Antimatter condensers contribute to 5 other buildings and benefit from 6
    Prisms contribute to 4 other buildings and benefit from 5
    Chancemakers contribute to 2 other buildings and benefit from 3