Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Insane spam of golden cookies

spazzcatspazzcat Member Posts: 3
Alright, this has happened three times now with the same save. The third one is still ongoing as we speak.

Every now and then I've been getting an absolutely insane quantity of golden cookies spawning. I play on chrome and use the uncanny cookie clicker extension, which autoclicks all of these for me, but no other cheats or add-ons. The first time this happened, it took my prestige from +1 to +456 on a run where I had not yet ascended. The second time, still with no ascensions in the same run, it took me to +73 million. In the current one, still ongoing as I type this, is closing in on +1 quadrillion after 2 ascensions. One person suggested it was the extension playing catch-up when I switched tabs, but the second time it started while CC was my active tab and the third I realized it was happening when I noticed the tab header said 'Infinity' rather than a quantity of cookies. Each successive incident also seems to go on for longer.

Below are screencaps, the first is from the second incident and shows it with the golden cookie autoclicker active, second it the third incident when I turned off the cookie autoclicker. If it's useful to anyone I have exported saves from during or shortly after all three incidents.

Only other thing I can think to mention is that this does NOT give the four-leaf cookie shadow achievement.

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭
    I think that Uncanny Clicker might have bugged a Cookie Storm.

That's just my wild guess.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭
    using add-ons like that usually give an insane boost to the amount of cookies you have out of nowhere, thus why I don't use them :{
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭
    Lefian said:

using add-ons like that usually give an insane boost to the amount of cookies you have out of nowhere, thus why I don't use them :{

My point exactly.
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• SagittariusSagittarius Member Posts: 3
    Uncanny clicker simply clicked a cookie storm, then kept clicking any other cookie storms that spawned from the first one.
  • SagittariusSagittarius Member Posts: 3
    Apparently Uncanny clicker also makes a cookie storm last MUCH longer.