Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Five Knights at the World's Gate (Forum Game)

BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
Welcome to FKWG.
You are basically all night guards, you have all heard of the grand opening of a building centered around the World's Gate, a very old structure that is often said to be magical. This area was bought by a company known as The Complex, and built on it was a large entertainment center... the middle of that being kept the World's Gate in for exhibition, kicking all the local religionists worshipping the Gate from the area...

The area opens in 6 days precisely, and you are supposed to guard the Gate Exhibition for five nights... and you will be paid 10x the money of an average night shift for an unknown reason...

Here is the gate's story (that which is only known to the public, only in the future will the full story be revealed.)
Around 3000 years ago, there lived the people of the world peacefully together, and were split between 3 kingdoms... the rose kingdom, a kingdom of people colored light pink, those whom have been scientifically "late" compared to others, but they keep a big kingdom and have strong men to be soldiers... this kingdom took almost all of the north-western and half of the south western part of the world, and the animaton kingdom, given that name because they know how to build marvels and animate them easily, they own half of the south-western hemisphere and most of the eastern hemisphere, they had a faint-yellow color and had the biggest land, technology, and army. And then there was the black kingdom, a kingdom of black and brown people, they owned a part of the eastern hemisphere, almost one eighth of the world, they had a very great position in trade and marketing...
One day, something happened between the rose and animaton kingdoms which made them get into war, that war continued for over 40 years, until the rose kingdom got some help from the black kingdom, or probably a lot of help, for a price, which forced THEM into the war, too...
The black kingdom easily lost, but never gave up... so they got help from magic books which nobody believed in, and, getting the upper hand, they decided to stop the war and sign peace...
After peace was made by 3 years, they never noticed that they have used so much magic that they have almost ruined the barrier between the human world and the imagination plane, that which released many monsters and magical beings to take over the world...
It still took magic to resolve the issue, but after all the "souls" (as they called them) were pushed back into their world, a giant rift was built by the world's greatest sorcerers and the King of Black, being the greatest one himself, and that kept the barriers between this world and the next stable... for now...
Of course, at this day, almost nobody believes this shit, and takes the Gate as an ancient structure used for tourism and show-off.

To join, you have to choose one of those people below, note that you can rename them if you want to, but that's gonna cost you later.., and also that you can't choose something which has already been chosen

1- Connor Wasp, new to night guarding... and adult life as a whole, a 19 year old guy who just left college to become a programmer, but decided that he needed some money first so he heard of this paying job and took it, it's just 5 nights, what could happen... Connor starts up with a phone with $20 on his account, the phone contains wifi and can download apps and do stuff, he is also good with computers and stuff.

2- Sam D. Wich, used to work as a chef at a restaurant and doesn't mind cutting some live meat, he is also 34 years old, he was kicked because he was replaced by robots... and then got the idea to start his own restaurant, so he needed some quick cash.., and what's quicker than a night shift that pays 10x the normal money? Starts with a butcher's knife, which is a giant rectangle-shaped knife, heavy and devastating, he is also tough and can kill something as long as it isn't an elite.

3- Cam E. Ra, 21 years old, dreams of being a movie star and is a pretty good actor, but he was never invited to any movie role so he decided to take this job and produce his own small movie... he has acting skill and can hide stuff easily, as lies, fear, etc... he starts with a camera that takes pictures and stuns others on the process..

4- Sarah Johnson, a 19 year old girl, daughter of a businessman who has 23 children, she wanted to buy a pair of extremely expensive shoes and her father refused to give her money so she decided to take this job... she has something you may call attractivity, and it is harder to kill her because of something called cuteness... the only reason you may choose her is because she starts with Optimus, her pet dog, he is a guard dog that is part mechanic and is pretty tough.

5- Ronald Nick, a 43 year old man who has been guarding stuff for The Complex for 20 years, so long that he has their favor and they like him so much... he insisted on taking this job although the complex suggested him not to, because it was dangerous or something, but he took it because he knew that it was hard.. he has skill in night guarding and using cameras and other guarding equipment, he starts with a hard bat that has a good knack.

6- Samuel Otaku, 27 year old scientist, he left the lab to move to the big city and work there, but he miscalculated for the first time in his life and found out that he needed more money to travel, since he wasn't allowed back to the laboratory, he decided to take this job to travel. He is good with identifying what monsters originate from and how to defeat them more easily, and also identifying some items... he starts with a pair night vision goggles and an old computer with wifi and $15 in account.

7- Damien Rifle, 31 year old cop, since crime rate became so low, he didn't get lots of work... so he decided to take this job, both to waste his time and for extra cash... he has great fighting skill and starts with a pistol with 24 bullets.

8- Norem Ottoman, 36 year old man, he works as a fortune teller and takes lots of money to do tricks that seem so real and tell people of their future, little do they know that he does actually know some magic... norem has knowledge about magic and can do a few attacking moves magically and probably operate a few magical devices, he starts with an orb that can tell when one of the Five is coming close...

If you all die at a night, you can restart the night, just don't die too much... because when you die, you will continue with all found items except Axel Objects, those are special objects, they are usually very helpful... or otherwise powerful, but those have supernatural properties and will disappear when time is reset.

Alright, move on, let's be quick! We will start the game when we get 4 guards, new guards can join when a new night starts... until the end of the third night, nobody can join from the fourth night.
"Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx

Comments

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is stupid
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarr2003 said:

this is stupid

Please kindly exit the thread if you're not going to participate. ((I know I'm not Brainstorm, but I thought it was common sense not to comment on a game if you're not gonna play it.))

I'll play as Damien.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't have internet for a while.

Jarr2003 said:

this is stupid

Please kindly exit the thread if you're not going to participate. ((I know I'm not Brainstorm, but I thought it was common sense not to comment on a game if you're not gonna play it.))

I'll play as Damien.

Jarr2003 said:

this is stupid

I'll play as Damien.
    You have entered the company to apply for the job, you are quickly accepted and you drive towards the area...

It seems you are in the building, the main room you are in, one with the cameras, is big, two exits exist... the left one doesn't have a door, rather a light switch that needs to be held to light up... and the right one has a laggy door that only closes for 8 seconds for each press.

The window in front of you also has two light switches, to the left of you is a great hall with many closed doors, one of the doors is opened and leads to an empty storage room with some kind of brown doll on the floor.

To your right is a hall which leads directly towards the world Gate, turning left you find the exit from the building, and right you find the kitchen...

The bathrooms are straight behind you, you can explore the area now until we get at least two more nightguards.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx