Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Primary Objective

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,939Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
Welcome, players, to this new choose-your-own adventure. Thank you for joining me.

Your first choice shall be to name your avatar - known by his title, the Vessel - and assign a gender to them. Popular vote will be what we go with, or if the choices end up tying, I'll choose at random. This is how choosing will always work on this adventure.

The Vessel has a very important task to complete. The fate of the world hinges on whether or not the primary objective is completed. See to it that he is successful.
"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
"tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra

Comments

• QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Posts: 242Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 6
    Name: Quinys
    (For anyone who misread: this is going by popular vote so the most chosen name&gender is the one selected for the Vessel)
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,893Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why did I know this was your game before opening it
    Name: I'll agree on Silver, like, why not?
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ScribbliumScribblium Posts: 83Member
    Name: Crystal
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,939Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭

Name: Quinys
    (For anyone who misread: this is going by popular vote so the most chosen name&gender is the one selected for the Vessel)

Why did I know this was your game before opening it
    Name: I'll agree on Silver, like, why not?

Name: Crystal

Well, I don't know why I expected people to actually vote on someone else's thing, so let's just pick at random.

By random choice, we're going with Quinys.

Quinys is currently in their bedroom. There's a closet, bed, box, and light, all of which are probably completely unimportant to the story. There's also their weapon displaying on the wall, which is a . . .

A. Handgun
    B. Shotgun
    C. Assault rifle
    D. Badass katana

Now, on one hand, guns are probably more powerful. On the other hand, WOULD YOU FUCK WITH SOMEONE WITH A BADASS KATANA?

Okay, now, seriously, make your choice.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
  • SirfishSirfish Posts: 961Member ✭✭
    Handgun!!!
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
    As attractive as the katakana sounds, I'm gonna go with the handgun for practicality's sake.
    Katana
  • xXSwagMaster9000XxxXSwagMaster9000Xx Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    shotgun
    Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder ask's "what the fuck are you doing?"
    Sirfish said:

Handgun!!!

As attractive as the katakana sounds, I'm gonna go with the handgun for practicality's sake.

Katana

shotgun

Handgun wins overall.

Quinys instantly grabs their handgun - specifically, an M1911. After checking their pockets to see if their ammo is still on them, they set off. Instantly, they sight an odd creature. A spider-like creature with one large claw growing off it's back, and pincers on it's face.

It's heading straight for a small child.

Upon sight of the creature, Quinys decides to . . .

A. Shooting first, strategics later.
    B. Fire a warning shot to attempt to scare it off.
    C. Shoot it's back-claw to attempt to prevent it from attacking quite as effectively, as well as drawing it's attention.
    C
    a
    C
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing

C

a

Sirfish said:

C

Quinys shoots the things straight in the claw, damaging it and catching the spider's attention. It lunges at them, attempting to grab it with it's front pincer.

A. Shoot the creature in between the front pincers.
    B. Avoid the attack and shoot it in it's legs, limiting it's ability to lunge at people like that.
    C. Avoid the attack and shoot it straight in the head.
    A
    c
    Come on, guys, we need more than 2 votes before things can continue!
    A!
    c

A

c

Sirfish said:

A!

c

And, it's still a damn tie.

Random choice says A.

Quinys shoots the creature in between the pincers. Looks like there was a weak spot there, because that bullet just literally went all the way through it.

The creature is dead now. The small child is rescued, but probably traumatized. Quinys knows instinctively that there was no other options, so they're just fine with what they actually did. The pincers fall off the creature's body, leading to the Vessel collecting them.

From there, you can . . .

Access the inventory. From there, now that you have more than 1 thing, you can craft objects together. The pincers can be crafted with the gun, for example.
    Or just move on for now and make the weird pincer gun thing later.
    I feel like that mixing a pincer with a gun won't do anything unless it has like, magical properties or something.
    So I say we move on.

I feel like that mixing a pincer with a gun won't do anything unless it has like, magical properties or something.
    So I say we move on.

The pincers wouldn't be able to be crafted with the gun if they wouldn't do anything - I wouldn't suggest you guys waste my time on purpose. I said you can craft it with the gun, correct?

((In reality, there is kind of a stat system of sorts, but it's being run in the background. An item you will find later on will give you some insight, but only a rough power level.))
    edited August 11
    (I can't believe you changed your entry from silver to quinys, I HAVE BEEN SKEWERED)
    Let's continue

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time

(I can't believe you changed your entry from silver to quinys, I HAVE BEEN SKEWERED)
    Let's continue

I mean I DID tell you.

Let's continue

Alright, I guess we're continuing, ignoring the obviously good idea of upgrading your gun.

Quinys continues walking down the street. They see a dark alleyway, looks kinda seedy, a bar that also looks kinda seedy, and the seediest of all, a warehouse.

Where to go?

A. Seedy alleyway
    B. Seedy bar
    C. Seedy warehouse
    D. Open your damn inventory and upgrade the damn gun so you won't die as fast (Seriously, Quinys will die if he goes into the warehouse without any upgrades, unless you manage 100% accuracy and don't get hit once.)
    D

D