Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Primary Objective

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 9 in Playground
Welcome, players, to this new choose-your-own adventure. Thank you for joining me.

Your first choice shall be to name your avatar - known by his title, the Vessel - and assign a gender to them. Popular vote will be what we go with, or if the choices end up tying, I'll choose at random. This is how choosing will always work on this adventure.

The Vessel has a very important task to complete. The fate of the world hinges on whether or not the primary objective is completed. See to it that he is successful.

Runes unlocked for Runeforming:

Teka
\|/
||
||

Mora (Flame)
|>~
|~
|~~

Kia
|*|
<|
|>
Post edited by ¤RunninginReverse¤ on
«13

Comments

  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited August 6
    Name: Quinys
    Gender: NB
    (For anyone who misread: this is going by popular vote so the most chosen name&gender is the one selected for the Vessel)
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Why did I know this was your game before opening it
    Name: I'll agree on Silver, like, why not?
    Gender: M
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Name: Crystal
    Gender: F
    Hello I'm Scribble the Scribbly Scribbler of Scribbland. Scribblo!
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Name: Quinys
    Gender: NB
    (For anyone who misread: this is going by popular vote so the most chosen name&gender is the one selected for the Vessel)

    Why did I know this was your game before opening it
    Name: I'll agree on Silver, like, why not?
    Gender: M

    Name: Crystal
    Gender: F

    Well, I don't know why I expected people to actually vote on someone else's thing, so let's just pick at random.

    By random choice, we're going with Quinys.

    Quinys is currently in their bedroom. There's a closet, bed, box, and light, all of which are probably completely unimportant to the story. There's also their weapon displaying on the wall, which is a . . .

    A. Handgun
    B. Shotgun
    C. Assault rifle
    D. Badass katana

    Now, on one hand, guns are probably more powerful. On the other hand, WOULD YOU FUCK WITH SOMEONE WITH A BADASS KATANA?

    Okay, now, seriously, make your choice.
  • SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Handgun!!!
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    As attractive as the katakana sounds, I'm gonna go with the handgun for practicality's sake.
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Katana
    Hello I'm Scribble the Scribbly Scribbler of Scribbland. Scribblo!
  • xXSwagMaster9000XxxXSwagMaster9000Xx Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    shotgun
    Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder ask's "what the fuck are you doing?"
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirfish said:

    Handgun!!!

    As attractive as the katakana sounds, I'm gonna go with the handgun for practicality's sake.

    Katana

    shotgun

    Handgun wins overall.

    Quinys instantly grabs their handgun - specifically, an M1911. After checking their pockets to see if their ammo is still on them, they set off. Instantly, they sight an odd creature. A spider-like creature with one large claw growing off it's back, and pincers on it's face.

    It's heading straight for a small child.

    Upon sight of the creature, Quinys decides to . . .

    A. Shooting first, strategics later.
    B. Fire a warning shot to attempt to scare it off.
    C. Shoot it's back-claw to attempt to prevent it from attacking quite as effectively, as well as drawing it's attention.
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    C
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • xXSwagMaster9000XxxXSwagMaster9000Xx Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    a
    Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder ask's "what the fuck are you doing?"
  • SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    C
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

    C

    a

    Sirfish said:

    C

    Quinys shoots the things straight in the claw, damaging it and catching the spider's attention. It lunges at them, attempting to grab it with it's front pincer.

    A. Shoot the creature in between the front pincers.
    B. Avoid the attack and shoot it in it's legs, limiting it's ability to lunge at people like that.
    C. Avoid the attack and shoot it straight in the head.
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    A
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • xXSwagMaster9000XxxXSwagMaster9000Xx Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    c
    Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder ask's "what the fuck are you doing?"
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, guys, we need more than 2 votes before things can continue!
  • SirfishSirfish Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    A!
    I'm just here to do stuff and play games because I am unproductive and should learn how to do something with my life but instead i'm just going be here and do nothing
  • ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    c
    Hello I'm Scribble the Scribbly Scribbler of Scribbland. Scribblo!
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A

    c

    Sirfish said:

    A!

    c

    And, it's still a damn tie.

    Random choice says A.

    Quinys shoots the creature in between the pincers. Looks like there was a weak spot there, because that bullet just literally went all the way through it.

    The creature is dead now. The small child is rescued, but probably traumatized. Quinys knows instinctively that there was no other options, so they're just fine with what they actually did. The pincers fall off the creature's body, leading to the Vessel collecting them.

    From there, you can . . .

    Access the inventory. From there, now that you have more than 1 thing, you can craft objects together. The pincers can be crafted with the gun, for example.
    Or just move on for now and make the weird pincer gun thing later.
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    I feel like that mixing a pincer with a gun won't do anything unless it has like, magical properties or something.
    So I say we move on.
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I feel like that mixing a pincer with a gun won't do anything unless it has like, magical properties or something.
    So I say we move on.

    The pincers wouldn't be able to be crafted with the gun if they wouldn't do anything - I wouldn't suggest you guys waste my time on purpose. I said you can craft it with the gun, correct?

    ((In reality, there is kind of a stat system of sorts, but it's being run in the background. An item you will find later on will give you some insight, but only a rough power level.))
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    (I can't believe you changed your entry from silver to quinys, I HAVE BEEN SKEWERED)
    Let's continue
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

    (I can't believe you changed your entry from silver to quinys, I HAVE BEEN SKEWERED)
    Let's continue

    I mean I DID tell you.
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

    (I can't believe you changed your entry from silver to quinys, I HAVE BEEN SKEWERED)
    Let's continue

    Alright, I guess we're continuing, ignoring the obviously good idea of upgrading your gun.

    Quinys continues walking down the street. They see a dark alleyway, looks kinda seedy, a bar that also looks kinda seedy, and the seediest of all, a warehouse.

    Where to go?

    A. Seedy alleyway
    B. Seedy bar
    C. Seedy warehouse
    D. Open your damn inventory and upgrade the damn gun so you won't die as fast (Seriously, Quinys will die if he goes into the warehouse without any upgrades, unless you manage 100% accuracy and don't get hit once.)
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    D
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    D
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting back to this.

    D

    D

    Thank you.

    You open up the inventory.

    CURRENT INVENTORY:

    M1911
    Nightweaver Pincers
    Crafting Care Package (OPENABLE)

    CRAFTING SYSTEM: Combine 2 items like this.

    _____ + _____ = ?

    You will get other crafting systems when you obtain certain items. Right now, you can combine basic items, and you also learned a while back how to . . .

    A. Cook items (requires fuel for a fire {Coal or Wood, for example} + Cooking Pot - fuel is consumed)
    B. Perform woodworking (requires Wood + Portable Workshop - Wood is consumed)
    C. Perform weaponsmithing (requires Weaponsmith's Hammer + Portable Workshop)
    D. Perform runeforming (requires Runeforming Chalk)

    Each option has it's own crafting system. Choose wisely, as it cannot be changed later.
  • GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭
    D
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, guys, we can get more than one vote, right?
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    D
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.