Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sacred cow(s)

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 608Member ✭✭✭
edited August 5 in Suggestions
Here's an idea for a new feature: Sacred Cows. Or maybe just one would be enough, Perhaps it could be one of the final achievements on the Ascension screen.

A Sacred Cow produces... what else but... Milk! Milking the cow could be done by spending a sugar lump, sacrificing buildings or some other thing that involves a penalty. There would have to be a minimum time restriction between successive milkings, because the cow takes time to produce more milk. This milk would go into the reservoir along with the milk gained from achievements, and would therefore add to the power of the kittens.

While on the topic of milk, I think it would make more sense to show the amount of milk in litres rather than %. I find the % figure meaningless. % of what?

I can think of further possibilities: enhancements/upgrades to the cow to increase milk production, such as Grazing Fields of Elysium, or Pampered Menial.

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,940Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think the current milk system is fine as is. This would make it a lot easier to gather milk, and leaving you with no cap on it at all. Which would be fine, if it wasn't already a big part of mid-to-late game(to my memory - I haven't played in a while, though).
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,596Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the idea is very interesting, I feel like it could get out of hand (hoof?) fast.
    I mean, milk isn't really supposed to be a currency or something that you can "gain". It's more of a reward for fulling certain milestones.
    Since the end result is to make kittens more powerful, (last time I checked, the only thing milk ever affects is kittens) we could keep the milk system as it is, so it remains consistent, and instead create something to boost them коте.
    Maybe. Knowing Orteil, if this kind of idea ever gets into the game, it'll probably be something far more different than we're thinking.

And milk isn't shown in % though? Unless I'm missing something so obvious I managed to overlook, the % near milk is the unlocked achievements/total achievements ratio. I do agree on having some sort of measure, but currently, milk is milk. Not milk (L) or milk (%). Just good ol' plain milk.

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    Milk used to have a percent, in v2.002 which was live until a couple weeks ago. It's the percentage of a full milk section from 0% to 100%, and after that it just tells you how close you are to the next type of milk and unlocking the next kitten.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 764Member ✭✭✭
    I feel that having this feature would result in two things happening:

1) Having Kittens become super OP and ruin the game.

2) Someone having to either revamp the Milk system or having to nerf the kittens entirley.

The whole Milk system was based off of getting Acheivments, but the idea is still interesting nonetheless.
    "What just happened?" -Me

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 608Member ✭✭✭

Milk used to have a percent, in v2.002 which was live until a couple weeks ago. It's the percentage of a full milk section from 0% to 100%, and after that it just tells you how close you are to the next type of milk and unlocking the next kitten.

Yes. As far as I know, though, milk % is still used by the game to calculate kitten boost, even though it's not displayed. That's why a display of the actualy amount of milk, not just the rank, would be useful for someone like myself who wants to set up a spreadsheet.

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    You couldn't use litres though, the Americans wouldn't understand it

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 608Member ✭✭✭

You couldn't use litres though, the Americans wouldn't understand it

They would soon learn! In fact the game might be a good educational tool.

Or if Orteil really wanted to go over the top he could have a setting on the Options screen to choose whether to display milk in litres or express it in furlongs or cubits or whatever arcane units they use over there.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 87Member ✭✭

That's why a display of the actualy amount of milk, not just the rank, would be useful for someone like myself who wants to set up a spreadsheet.

Nah, it's easy, just look at the number of achievements, count the shadow achievements, subtract them, and multiply by 4%. No problem.
  • IORI_17IORI_17 Posts: 17Member ✭✭
    Maybe with different mechanics, but now I really need a Sacred Cow, better if next to Final Claus and Krumblor.
    Please Orteil do it!
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,041Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    Cookie Clicker might be an indie game but never an india game.

So probably no sacred cows for you sir.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,133Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Molaksium is pretty much a sacred cow already in the game.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,764Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I think milk should stick to being simply an award for getting achievements, rather than yet another reproduce-able cps booster. It would make achievements basically pointless end-game besides from completionist purposes, and we have shadow achievements for that.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...