Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Possible bug - multiple gold cookies simultaneously?

spazzcatspazzcat Member Posts: 3
I'm not quite sure what happened, but when I switched back to my cookie clicker tab I was suddenly bombarded by dozens of golden cookie notifications of various types, including nearly every kind of production multiplier. The cumulative effects took me from level 1 prestige to level 456 prestige in about a minute (with no prior ascensions, I recently started a completely new save). I use chrome with the uncanny cookie clicker extension, but no other add-ons.
Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Is it a rare but normal occurrence? I feel I should also mention that the incident did NOT result in the four-leaf cookie shadow achievement. If need be, I exported my save from just after the incident in case looking at it would give any useful information.

Comments

• spazzcatspazzcat Member Posts: 3
    It happened again, same save, I have a screencap of what I'm seeing during the craziness. By the time this one stopped my prestige level to be gained from ascension was nearly to 73 million.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (This thread needs to be moved to the Cookie Clicker Bug Reports category, this category is for suggestions and bug reports about the forum)

Anyways, after doing some research on your add-on, it appears that one of it's functionalities is to automatically click golden cookies when they appear. The game probably doesn't detect that the golden cookies were clicked until you switch back to the tab again, causing the extreme "every effect at once" weirdness.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...