Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Question about Prestige

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
At present I have 92 million prestige. Were I to ascend right now this will be increased by 340 million (I know, this beta has changed everything).

So my question is, how will this change my CPS multiplier (presently 27 quadrillion%) - after having removed milk, upgrades, achievements, etc., what effect does prestige have?

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the question. Ascending removes upgrades until you purchase them again, but it does not remove milk or achievements.

Prestige multiplier is 1 + 0.01*prestige, so is essentially proportional to prestige once your prestige gets in the millions. Does this answer your question?
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited August 5
    Partially.

So once I've bought all the upgrades again (the majority obviously within the first few minutes of reincarnating), and assuming my prestige has gone from c.92 million to c.450 million, I'm wondering - once I reach roughly the same number of buildings - what effect this increase in prestige will have on my CpS multiplier?
    Jez said:

Partially.

So once I've bought all the upgrades again (the majority obviously within the first few minutes of reincarnating), and assuming my prestige has gone from c.92 million to c.450 million, I'm wondering - once I reach roughly the same number of buildings - what effect this increase in prestige will have on my CpS multiplier?

Well, what I said. The multiplier is proportional to prestige, so since your prestige is roughly five times what it was before, the CpS multiplier will be about 5 times as much.
    edited August 5

Well, what I said. The multiplier is proportional to prestige, so since your prestige is roughly five times what it was before, the CpS multiplier will be about 5 times as much.

Holy shit.

To be honest that's what I thought but I just couldn't believe it'd be that fast.
    Post edited by JezDavis on
    That's that sorted then. Ascended and eight hours later my CpS has gone from 17 Non to 78 Non - with fewer buildings and an upgrade or two still to come. Bloody hell.
    edited August 6
    ^^ My CpS at the end of my most recently completed run was about 500 times what it was at the end of the run before that. total cookies also increased by about the same factor, causing approximately an eightfold increase in prestige. So yes, this is an Upgrade with a capital U.

When this upgrade makes it over into the live game, I intend to save my beta game, close it, and start another beta game from scratch. I want to see how these latest upgrades change the experience of the early game.

When this upgrade makes it over into the live game, I intend to save my beta game, close it, and start another beta game from scratch. I want to see how these latest upgrades change the experience of the early game.

Good idea. I'm expecting to get the final two prestige upgrades within the fortnight now so then it'll be the incredibly slow slog up to 825 sugar cubes. Obviously at that point it'll mean reconfiguring all upgrades towards that aim so it'll be interesting to see whether Orteil just leaves us there or throws us a bone now and again.