This is a very strange error that I just noticed while trying to figure out why my overall multiplier was somewhat less than I figured it should be. The entry "Buildings owned" displayed the wrong number, approximately but not exactly half of what the number should have been. This is happening in both the live version 2.0034 and in the beta version 2.0041.
Example: In my live game my total buildings owned is currently 5656. The screen showed 2804, though the numbers displayed in the individual building panels were correct. I saved the game and refreshed it, and the number then changed to show the correct total.
In my beta game, the screen says 2928 buildings but in fact I have 5852. Just about to refresh the game to see whether it corrects itself....
Yep, sure enough it did. It now says 5852.
The fact that the numbers were almost exactly halved in both cases is probably significant, and may give the developers a clue to what is happening.