Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Milk: Rank X

DatreborDatrebor Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
I just ascended, my 11th, and I was at over 800% did I do something to cause my milk rank to change to "X" and bring me back to vanilla milk?

Comments

• DatreborDatrebor Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited August 4

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
    X means 10. Mine is on XI

X means 10. Mine is on XI

They changed that too? I'm at Vanilla does that mean I started all over again? How do I know how close I am to the next level. Before when I was at 824% I know I needed another 76% for the next level.
    Thanks for the answer.
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Member, Flagger Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank I Milk is listed as "Plain Milk".

Granted, I can't tell much of a difference myself, but... it works, I guess.
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 4
    Vanilla, contrary to what many people think, is actually a flavour in itself, not just the absence of a flavour. It is produced from the vanilla bean. I read somewhere that on a dollars per kg basis vanilla is the most valuable commodity on earth, or it might rank second after saffron, not sure.

I don't fancy saffron milk.

On another note, I'm a bit disappointed that the screen no longer tells me my current percentage of milk, only the rank. I can't see why it would have hurt to leave that %milk figure there on the display.
    I don't I would fancy saffron milk either. But yes Vanilla milk is a flavor that is why I don't buy Nesquik any more after they stopped making the Vanilla milk mix.

OTH how did I go from 8 to 10? And how does this mean to the extra cookies per second?
    Datrebor said:

I don't I would fancy saffron milk either. But yes Vanilla milk is a flavor that is why I don't buy Nesquik any more after they stopped making the Vanilla milk mix.

OTH how did I go from 8 to 10? And how does this mean to the extra cookies per second?

My guess is that with the upgrade you got a whole heap of new achievements all at once, which were not in the earlier version. Milk % is proportional to the number of achievements.

CpS increases with the amount of milk, but the magnitude of the increase depends on how many kittens you have. Each kitten provides its own multiplier, so if you have seven kittens you can more or less say that CpS is proportional to the 7th power of your milk percentage. So those achievements are definitely worth striving for.

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    The milk percentage never really meant anything as a number, which is probably why it was removed. It was calculated as 4% times the number of non-shadow achievements you have. So if you have 241 real achievements, that corresponds to 964% milk, which is rank X, since rank I is from 0% to 100% (0 to 25 achievements), rank II is from 100% to 200% (25 to 50), etc. You'll be at rank XI, a new rank as of the beta, once you have 250 non-shadow achievements.
    I found the milk % display useful because my spreadsheet needs to calculate it and use it, so I often used to check to make sure my calculated % matched what was displayed in the game. If it did not, it told me that there was some achievement I had gained and had forgotten to include in the spreadsheet.

I must say the term (percentage) always bothered me. Percentage of what? If I had written the game, I would have given it in litres. (I nearly said "would have expressed it", but I can't do that because I'm a bloke.)