Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

"Blind luck"

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 605Member ✭✭✭
edited August 3 in General Discussion
I'm not sure whether other players have picked up on the implications of this new synergy. It connects prisms and chancemakers, but prisms are the primary beneficiaries of this synergy, gaining 5% CpS per chancemaker, while chancemakers gain only +0.1% per prism. Note that this is the first appearance of a synergy where the prisms are the primary gainer.

The upshot of this is that prisms are now a much better bargain than they used to be - better than Antimatter Condensers, and better than Chancemakers. For purposes of comparison, here are my current game stats:

AM Condensers:

Upgrades: 8
Quantity: 297
Unit CpS: 2.04 septillion
Total CpS: 607 septillion
Cost of next: 174 nonillion
Time cost: 14 million sec

Prisms:

Upgrades: 9
Quantity: 300
Unit CpS: 357 septillion
Total CpS: 107 octillion
Cost of next: 3.27 decillion
Time cost: 6.5 million sec

Chancemakers:

Upgrades: 8
Quantity: 265
Unit CpS: 31.9 septillion
Total CpS: 8.47 octillion
Cost of next: 304 nonillion
Time cost: 9.7 million sec

Admittedly I have 9 prism upgrades against only 8 for each of the other two. However even if you double the figures for each of the other two (and therefore halve the time cost) it still shows up prisms as an incredibly good deal by comparison. Prisms are still producing nearly 90% of my CpS, even though the number of prisms is not much greater than the number of chancemakers.

Post edited by bob_32_116 on

Comments

• JezJez Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    I'm a bit further on than you Bob, but even at my stage I've got Prisms at 85.5% and Chancemakers at 11.4% so it seems Prisms remain the dominant producer.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 86Member ✭✭
    Yeah, it's huge. It's hard to complain about no vol II synergy when the vol I one is the strongest upgrade in the game. It also seems to really change the optimal building distribution, since time machines and antimatter condensers produce such a smaller proportion, and synergy with them is less worthwhile.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 605Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, it's huge. It's hard to complain about no vol II synergy when the vol I one is the strongest upgrade in the game. It also seems to really change the optimal building distribution, since time machines and antimatter condensers produce such a smaller proportion, and synergy with them is less worthwhile.

Is there no Vol II synergy, or have we just not unlocked it yet?
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,595Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there no Vol II synergy, or have we just not unlocked it yet?

I read somewhere that someone said that Orteil said that the planned Vol II synergy with Chancemakers would be with yet another building.
    He did mention that this upgrade could wait for a Vol III, but as of now, only one synergy.

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 605Member ✭✭✭
    Well, as you say, no hurry.