Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

[Script] Spell outcome display in stats

GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 26 in General Discussion
Authors:
Coding by @Shylight, with additional work by @Gouchnox

Description:
This script will adds a new line to your stats (in the Special section), showing your the results of the next 10 spells you will cast. S will mean all spells will cast successfully, while B will mean all spells will backfire. Note that this will be inaccurate if you have a modified backfire chance, which includes: casting Force Hand of Fate with an existing golden cookie, casting a spell under the effects of Diminish Ineptitude (and its backfire), or casting a spell through Gambler's Fever Dream.
You can click on the little die icon to reroll your spell seed, which will randomize your future successes/backfires.

Command for console/bookmarklet:
javascript:(function() { Game.LoadMod('https://pastebin.com/raw/6pbdStD0'); }());

Command for Monkey plugin:
// ==UserScript== // @name Cookie Clicker: spell outcomes // @namespace Cookie // @include http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/* // @version 1 // @grant none // ==/UserScript== (function() { var checkReady = setInterval(function() { if (typeof Game.ready !== 'undefined' && Game.ready) { Game.LoadMod('https://pastebin.com/raw/6pbdStD0'); clearInterval(checkReady); } }, 1000); })();
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Post edited by Gouchnox on
Tagged:

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

If some of you want a version of this script without the cheaty reroll button, I guess I could do that.

Isn't the script itself just one big cheat? Let's not be pious about this.

Gouchnox said:

If some of you want a version of this script without the cheaty reroll button, I guess I could do that.

Isn't the script itself just one big cheat? Let's not be pious about this.
    It's a single-player game, so you can use any cheat or script you want.
    True, and I'm not trying to reopen the debate about whether you should or shouldn't cheat. I'm just saying it's a bit rich to suggest that it's "cheaty" to reroll the dice, but somehow not cheating to look ahead and see what the next few outcomes are set to be. If one's cheating, then so is the other.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it's completely cheaty to have this script, you're definitely right about that.
    It's just that I don't consider predicting spells as cheaty as rerolling them, because the game is already a bitch about it with infinite backfires. If this bug didn't exist then this would be even more cheaty in my eyes.

Once again, I'm just providing something that you can use, not asking you to use it.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    downside of working on this on the beta to not risk any issues with my proper saves: realizing afterwards that of course the die icon will not show up in the normal version of the game because it's not there yet
    It would be possible to incorporate your feature into the game in an interesting way, and one that I would not call cheating:
    The upcoming spell outcomes could be displayed some of the time, and when they were, if you wished you could reroll the dice to get a different random outcome, for some penalty. The penalty could be one sugar lump, one of your highest building, a certain number of cookies, etc. You would have to judge whether the new random sequence was likely to be better than the current one, and if so whether it was worth the penalty - and you might not have much time to decide, if you were doing something like Conjure Baked Goods during an Elder Frenzy.
    I mean I'm just here to cheat my ass out but if you wanna make it balanced more power to you
    Fixed the reroll button so that it is actually just the size of the die and not the entire line, and added a tooltip thing to it
    Made the die show in normal and not beta instead of beta and not normal
  • MezmerroMezmerro Member Posts: 8
    Could it also predict Hand and Edifice results?
    Mezmerro said:

Could it also predict Hand and Edifice results?

• AktanAktan Member Posts: 6
    Whoa, can I steal parts of this code and add it to Cookie Monster? I'll give credit, of course!
    Aktan said:

Whoa, can I steal parts of this code and add it to Cookie Monster? I'll give credit, of course!

Sure why not
  • AktanAktan Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
    fixed icons stuffs because new version and whatnot