Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

List of New Minigame Ideas.

Adeick8Adeick8 Posts: 4Member
edited August 1 in Suggestions
Post if you have a minigame idea for a building without a minigame.

Each minigame gets a boost when the building is leveled up (with sugar) and when more buildings are purchased. 1 sugar is required to
unlock the minigame.

Cursors:
Able to click golden cookies. You can set how many cursors are "patrolling", maximum 1 for every ten cursors. They are very slow, so it's possible they could not reach the golden cookie in time. Upgrading increases their speed.

Grandmas:
Unlocks specific cookie upgrades. With this minigame, your grandma's must "bake cookies". Baking cookies takes 4 hours, and has a chance to unlock new cookie upgrades (plain cookies, sugar cookies, double-chocolate cookies, etc.) If this fails, the result is the same
as Conjure Baked Goods, and they will be idle until you tell them to "bake cookies" again. Upgrading unlocks more available cookie upgrades and therefore increases the chance that they will unlock cookies. # of Grandmas decreases baking time by a percentage.

Original Idea from Faeitty.

Farms:
Grow your cookies. When you unlock this minigame, you unlock an "upgrade" called "Cookie Seeds". You must buy the seeds, plant them, put fertilizer dough on them, and harvest them. (You can unlock special kinds of seeds, land, fertilizer, as you upgrade minigame.) You gain more farm slots the more farms you have.

These organic cookies are fit for vegans, and are worth more. Perhaps this could be a secondary currency? I feel like "organic" cookies could be an ingredient in wizard spells or temple sacrifices.

Parts of Idea from Faeitty.

Mines:
Mine rocky chocolate, the perfect ingredient for the giant cookies. Mine precious stones used for temple worship?

Factories:
Sorry, Dungeons. I don't like you here.
Assemble the giant cookie. Not sure what the giant cookie doe.

Banks:
Invest your cookies. Similar to wrinklers, except you're investing cookies, not CpS. Upgrading increases interest rates, more banks increase holding amount.

Temples:
Spirits (current), and sacrifices.
There is always a "featured spirit". The featured spirit cycles randomly, no knowing how long it could last.
This spirit will receive an extra bonus if it receives a cookie sacrifice. These cookies could be organic cookies, or a percentage of total cookies.

Add extra slots (perhaps require certain stones found in mines) according to how many temples are owned.

Rework Worship Swaps: There is unlimited swaps, but spirits don't like to be taken down and will exact a penalty when they are removed from worship. You may sacrifice organic cookies to appease the spirit. Upgrading decreases these penalties, or perhaps lowers the cost of organic cookies.

Wiz Towers:
They need new, unlockable spells. What if more advanced spells appeared once you had enough manna to actually buy them? Perhaps more wiz towers can hold more manna. Upgrading the building (sugar) can make the incantations longer and therefore more efficient as spells use less manna or summon more cookies.

Shipments:
Besides Cookies, we're also able to smuggle some Peanut Sprinkles into our shipments, an ingredient for the Giant Cookie.

Alchemy Labs:
Extensive research has shown that we are able to convert normal cookie dough into Silky Dough, an ingredient for the Giant Cookie.

Portals:
Unsure, but this seems the best place for a dungeons-like minigame. Possible enemies include wrinkler spaceships, muffin aliens, etc.

Time Machines:
Brings back golden cookies from the past.
The first 3 golden cookies that were clicked yesterday are brought back by the time machines. Anytime today, you can use the golden cookies. However, these cookies have been "timed out" and are less effective than the original. Not sure how this works. Maybe less boost, for less time?

One more slot for every 10 time machines, upgrading decreases the effect of being "timed out".

Note: Timed Out Cookies cannot be used tomorrow.

Antimatter Condensers:
Compact Sugar Lumps into extremely fine Silky Sugar, the final ingredient for the giant cookie.

Prisms:
Converting light into cookies has shown to produce an efficient power source called the chipvolt. Needed to power the giant cookie factory.

ChanceMakers:
Provide more luck to other chances in the game. Golden cookies appear more often, spells are less likely to backfire, grandmas will bake new cookies, etc.

Not sure what upgrading does. More chancemakers increase luck percentages.

Giant Cookie

I'm not sure what the giant cookie is. Perhaps it's something you feed to your dragon so that it becomes an embodiment of heavenly chips. I'm really not sure what happens.

The giant cookie was kind of a minigame for buildings without a minigame. Should probably be scrapped.

If you're still reading, thanks! Leave a like!

Comments

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    Here's an idea for grandmas. There could be different combinations with grandmas and all the other buildings. Then when you have enough of them, you can get a special upgrade that unlocks other new upgrades over time, maybe every half hour or so. Eventually the grandmas become angry and some bad stuff starts happening, say, I don't know, the golden cookies stop being as good and your cookie production starts withering away. Then you have to decide if it's worth it to appease them or not.
  • OctaneOctane Posts: 1Member
    For cursors, the thing I would like for them to do is to auto-click. Like, take the player's mouse click potency, and have a few special cursors that auto-click for you. Each of the cursors would have like a stamina meter, which depletes and then slowly refills over time like mana does. Each sugar lump upgrade increases the number of special cursors in total, and the amount of cursors increases the stamina. You could also adjust the rate at which they click. For instance, it can click like once a second or up to five times a second, but it wears out exponentially faster the more clicks per second it has. So having them click slowly would benefit the long game, as it would generate more cookies overall, but having them click faster would benefit from having dragon flight or similar effects active. Essentially this would be a flat +% CPS upgrade, but it has some potentially smart uses if timed properly.

For alchemy labs, perhaps some sort of potion creating minigame. You have a bunch of ingredients, and you combine the ingredients to create potions that give a variety of effects. It would be similar to the wizard tower, except instead of mana, you would have an Ingredient meter, based on level and number of alchemy labs, and instead of just casting the spell, you would have to combine specific things to get different results. Instead of there being a chance to backfire, there could be bad mixtures that result in negatives. Like, mix three base components together to get a potion that does something, and each ascension the formulas are somewhat randomized so you can't just look them up. You have to experiment early on to find the powerful potions, but when you find some good ones you can keep making them as long as you have the resources. A big thing for alchemy would also be transmuting regular cookies into golden cookies as well, but each time you do it the price increases exponentially.

Shipments would be like a Meteor style game, where you go shoot cookie asteroids and collect the debris. Occasionally when shooting asteroids, you would find rare items which either provide benefits or can be used in other minigames, or potentially find golden cookies or even sugar lumps rarely.

Chance maker would be probably the simplest, slot machine. You have so many spins, and they regenerate much like deity switches do, slower the less you have. Results would be something like: Spawn a bunch of golden cookies, gain/lose a percentage of your cookies in bank, frenzy/clot for a large amount of time, gain/lose building(s), gain a sugar lump, etc. Purely random, but having more Chance makers increases the odds of doing well ever so slightly.

Personally, I would really like to see more cross interaction between the minigames. For instance, you find some space item from the shipment minigame, take it to the factory minigame to refine it, and can then use it in the alchemy minigame to get an item that you give to the dragon to allow it to have a third effect or something.
  • FaeittyFaeitty Posts: 28Member ✭✭
    Interesting; though, I don't know if we want any extra currency in the game; I feel that it's better to stay simple in that regard.

I really do love this idea or having all the minigames work off of and benefitting each other! It gives you more of a reason to use all of them; if you hate one, you'll still use it to boost one you love. Also; totally flattered that I'm part of this :D
  • Adeick8Adeick8 Posts: 4Member
    Faeitty said:

Interesting; though, I don't know if we want any extra currency in the game; I feel that it's better to stay simple in that regard.

I really do love this idea or having all the minigames work off of and benefitting each other! It gives you more of a reason to use all of them; if you hate one, you'll still use it to boost one you love. Also; totally flattered that I'm part of this :D

I read your thread before making my own.

I think the minigames should interact with each other, but they should also get leveled up with the buildings. 1% CpS is not amazing, so all of my sugar lumps are going to my wizard towers because there, they actually do stuff.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,429Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭

fyi
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • Adeick8Adeick8 Posts: 4Member
    Gouchnox said:

fyi

I didn't see this.

Where is it?

Cool!
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,429Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Adeick8 said:

I didn't see this.

Where is it?

Cool!

This is the cookie clicker reddit /r/CookieClicker/
    Orteil sometimes comments there, though he does actually check suggestions and bug reports frequently on the forums, he just doesn't comment much
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • dparejadpareja Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    Personally I'd like minigames to follow the KISS principle.

The Pantheon and the Grimoire are good examples of this.

For instance, this is what I'd like to see for the Chancemaker:

Craps

Once every 24/x hours, you may roll two six-sided dice. You get a multiplier for 10*x seconds equal to the total of the dice. x is the level of your Chancemakers.

Related achievements:

Craps!: Roll a 7 or 11 when no point has been established.
    Crapped Out: Roll a 2, 3, or 12 when no point has been established.
    Make Your Point: Roll a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 (establishing a point), then roll that number again before you roll a 7.
    Fail Your Point: Establish a point, then roll a 7 before rolling your point again.
    Doubles: Roll doubles.
    Snake-Eyes: Roll a 2.
    Boxcars: Roll a 12.

Pretty simple, and gives you a definite reason to level up your Chancemakers: at level 1, you get a 10 second boost once a day; at level 10, you get a 100 second boost every two and a half hours. (The frequency and duration could be altered, of course.)

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see a heavenly upgrade that boosts the probability of getting golden sugar lumps.
  • TalloWaxmanTalloWaxman Posts: 2Member
    Perhaps completing production of your enigmatic giant cookie could unlock a new main cookie skin... :)
  • noilnoil Posts: 3Member
    Time Mashine:
    create a timeloop
    You can get cookies from a future point in time (perhaps not too far):
    you get the cookies now, an when the point comes the same amount of cookies disapear. If you don not have the needed cookies at that point a TimeParadox throughs you back in time to the status, you had before the transaktion.

This allows for what is sometimes called a positiv Paradox: you get the cookies form the future that you invest to earn the cookies that you send into your past.