Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

2.004 Beta

ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 86Member ✭✭
Well, it finally happened. One more building and a set of doublers that unlock at 300 of each building.

Plus a few more upgrades and some minigame rebalancing. Doesn't look like there are any new minigames.

Comments

• FaeittyFaeitty Posts: 28Member ✭✭
    NICE
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,393Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    good shit. best update. hail orteil. :^)
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,429Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31

It literally added 2.5 features and bugfixes, calm your tits
    (granted it's really good but not best update by all means)
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,393Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

Just having a new building again really makes me excited, mate.
    The man managed to pump out another update so quickly too! I just barely got into the features of the update that just came out. ;p

best update bois
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 605Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31
    Any info forthcoming, from those in the know, on the specifications of Chancemakers? Like initial cost and initial CpS (with no upgrades etc)?

Likewise, for the new upgrades like Mole People etc: what is the raw cost, before getting upgrades that give building discounts?

I can probably estimate these by reverse engineering, but it would be good to have the actual figures.

By the way, those new lavender biscuits taste delicious. Can't wait to try the Birthday Cookie. I assume it gives exactly 3% boost until CC's fourth birthday, at which time it will give exactly 4%.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,429Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any info forthcoming, from those in the know, on the specifications of Chancemakers? Like:

Initial cost (with no upgrades etc)
    Initial CpS

By the way, those new lavender biscuits taste delicious.

been here all along m8
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 86Member ✭✭
    In a stunning turn of events, prisms actually account for a higher percentage of late-game production as of this update, going from about 62% to 85% thanks to a prism–chancemaker synergy. I waited to buy the synergy until I had a bunch of chancemakers and it increased production about fivefold. Now prisms have five synergies, chancemakers have one, and everything else has four.

I also would be interested in the initial statistics of the chancemaker.
  • dparejadpareja Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    edited July 31
    I believe the Chancemaker's initial stats are:

25 quadrillion initial cost.
    21 billion initial cookies.

As for the update itself, I definitely agree with the Godzamok nerf. I was abusing the frak out of that spirit.
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Posts: 2,053Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Chancemaker aura, new Kitten, and a Spontaneous Edifice rework.

Also @Darky it looks like you got an idea added!
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Posts: 2,053Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancemaker Aura:

Dragon's Fortune
    +7% CpS per active buff.

Kitten Upgrade:

Kitten assistants to the regional manager
    "nothing stresses meowt... except having to seek the approval of my inferiors, sir"
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 1

Chancemaker Aura:

Dragon's Fortune
    +7% CpS per active buff.

Kitten Upgrade:

Kitten assistants to the regional manager
    "nothing stresses meowt... except having to seek the approval of my inferiors, sir"
    Why don't i have these available?

Gouchnox said:

Nuhah. My CPS just got boosted by more than an order of magnitude by buying up 250 chancemakers and all the upgrades plus birthday buscuit. Went from about 10oct to 151oct. Maybe there were better updates in the olden days, but this is the best I've seen.

Post edited by adam_antichrist on

Further to my previous note, Godzamok's still plenty powerful, and I think you can't beat him when it comes to which spirit to put in Diamond if you're playing actively. But he's now merely the best, rather than being stupidly busted.
    edited August 1
    2.0041 now available, and all of a sudden I have new kittens. The new aura reduced my CPS by almost 30% but when I switched from breath of milk. New aura same as the old aura.

• gordonrmaseygordonrmasey Posts: 24Member
    with the new set of upgrades, does it include cursors?

with the new set of upgrades, does it include cursors?

No, but the icons have been fixed as per the recent suggestion.

I just bought Kitten Consultants and my CPS got a further boost to 590oct/s. This update RULES.

• JezJez Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    It's a bit bonkers that when you click 'Try the beta' you just sort of land somewhere random in the middle of a run you don't quite recognise (one thousand fewer golden cookie clicks, twice the CPS, nearly all the level progress gone, etc.) Not really complaining though. Just have to catch up and see where to go from here.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 86Member ✭✭
    Or you could port your save from the live version. What you see in the beta is left from last time you played it, which might have been the previous beta.
    Nice, thanks for that. I always seem to forget that the beta and the live version are different games.
    I'd be worried if the beta and live versions were NOT separated. The whole point of the beta concept is that you can try it out without damaging the operatio of the "live" version.
    Just got to 300 prisms and the subsequent upgrade, along with a few more buildings CPS is now at 1.147non. That's almost 100 times what it was this morning. Please please please Orteil please put all these buffs into the live game!!!

• gordonrmaseygordonrmasey Posts: 24Member
    best update so far... i'm basically shitting out HC!
    there is a new aura, "Dragon's Fortune". the description says "+7% CpS per active buff." What is an active buff? I thought a "buff" referred to anything that enhanced CpS, so including all cookies, all building upgrades, all grandma types etc. I have over 300 of these purchased. 7% times 300 seems ridiculously generous.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,132Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Buffs are the effects displayed at the top right of the Big Cookie section of the screen. Usually those will be golden cookie effects, but Diminish Ineptitude might count. I haven't verified that.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    edited August 1
    Bloody hell.

CPS 27 Oct to 13.7 Non in eight hours. I've doubled my prestige and made more than six-and-a-half times the cookies in the past eight hours than I have the past eight hundred days.

Pretty serious update, this.
    edited August 2
    Don't know if this is documented anywhere, so I thought I'd put it here in case anyone's interested.

EDIT: If you want to know what the names for the Building Boosts and Rusts for the Chancemakers are called, look behind the spoiler. (Again, thanks, Bob, for catching my brain fart.)

The Building Boost for Chancemakers is Winning Streak. The Rust is Dry Spell.
    Post edited by dpareja on
    edited August 2
    I could multiply my prestige by 1.8 if I ascended right now, but since I was well advanced into this run at the time I loaded the upgrade I am going to let it continue some time to get the benefit of the new buildings and stuff. I expect to more than double my CpS on the next ascension. And that's even without Kitten Consultants, which I won't be able to afford yet. Looking forwards to that little beauty.
    dpareja said:

Don't know if this is documented anywhere, so I thought I'd put it here in case anyone's interested.

I think when posting spoilers, you need to actually say what kind of information is in the spoiler! Otherwise the reader has no way to know whether they want to show it or hide it.

dpareja said:

I think when posting spoilers, you need to actually say what kind of information is in the spoiler! Otherwise the reader has no way to know whether they want to show it or hide it.

Point taken. My apologies.
    Billabo said:

Buffs are the effects displayed at the top right of the Big Cookie section of the screen. Usually those will be golden cookie effects, but Diminish Ineptitude might count. I haven't verified that.

If that's the case, then Dragon Fortune is not all that special. A 7% boost, but only while the buff is active (or does the 7% persist after the buff disappears?) For passive play, no advantage at all.
  • socketsocket Posts: 6Member
    Is there any way how to figure out when I will have another 1% from birthday cookie? I cant remember when I started :D